Carles Gil

bose

Knowing our luck he'll play on Saturday have a stormer score a goal set Tekkers up for a hat trick in a 4-0 win and get injured in the final minutes and be out for 3 months

It'd be worth it.

• Like 1

Knowing our luck he'll play on Saturday have a stormer score a goal set Tekkers up for a hat trick in a 4-0 win and get injured in the final minutes and be out for 3 months

What a pessimistic outlook. I reckon he will get sent off before the final few minutes thus only missing 3 games.

• Like 2

What a pessimistic outlook. I reckon he will get sent off before the final few minutes thus only missing 3 games.

Injured during the process of getting sent off I reckon.  ACL done - 1 year out :<

• Like 1

Injured during the process of getting sent off I reckon.  ACL done - 1 year out :<

We can't be going into this with rosy-tinted spectacles. It's far more likely that the ACL injury will occur in training before he starts a game.

Not sure if this has been posted, but it wont hurt...

Spanish midfielder Carles Gil could make a real impact at Villa Park, according to Guillem Balague.

Spanish football expert Guillem Balague has told Sky Sports News HQ that Aston Villa could have a bargain signing on their hands in Valencia’s Carles Gil.

Villa are reported to be closing in on a £3.25 million move for Gil, with the Spanish midfielder said to have travelled to Birmingham to finalise the deal and complete a medical.

Aged 22, his name might not be familiar to most English football fans, but Balague believes manager Paul Lambert is about to make a wise investment on a promising talent, whose game is even comparable to Real Madrid star Isco’s.

“I believe he’s travelling [to Birmingham] today and it’s all confirmed,” Balague told the channel’s Morning View programme on Monday morning.

“The fee is between £3 million and £4 million. The buy-out clause is €8 million, but Valencia are happy to allow him to go for €5 million, and that allows them to spend money in the transfer window.

“In terms of what kind of player he is, he’s sort of like an Isco,” he continued. “He’s a short player, who plays wide a lot, but can play between the lines as a number 10 like he presumably will be for Aston Villa.

“He’s got a lot of quality. He’s pacey and worth that kind of money. However, he is the type of player who may take a while to adapt to the Premier League. Physically he may find it difficult.

“But, if he gets over that, then you’ve got a quality player to play for a long while.”

Spanish midfielder Carles Gil could make a real impact at Villa Park, according to Guillem Balague.

Spanish football expert Guillem Balague has told Sky Sports News HQ that Aston Villa could have a bargain signing on their hands in Valencia’s Carles Gil.

Villa are reported to be closing in on a £3.25 million move for Gil, with the Spanish midfielder said to have travelled to Birmingham to finalise the deal and complete a medical.

Aged 22, his name might not be familiar to most English football fans, but Balague believes manager Paul Lambert is about to make a wise investment on a promising talent, whose game is even comparable to Real Madrid star Isco’s.

“I believe he’s travelling [to Birmingham] today and it’s all confirmed,” Balague told the channel’s Morning View programme on Monday morning.

“The fee is between £3 million and £4 million. The buy-out clause is €8 million, but Valencia are happy to allow him to go for €5 million, and that allows them to spend money in the transfer window.

“In terms of what kind of player he is, he’s sort of like an Isco,” he continued. “He’s a short player, who plays wide a lot, but can play between the lines as a number 10 like he presumably will be for Aston Villa.

“He’s got a lot of quality. He’s pacey and worth that kind of money. However, he is the type of player who may take a while to adapt to the Premier League. Physically he may find it difficult.

“But, if he gets over that, then you’ve got a quality player to play for a long while.”

What is an 'Isco' when it's at home?

"Charles Gil suffered a season long injury when he held an Aston Villa scarf to announce his arrival - in a photo-shoot where he had to stand on tiptoes to get his upper body to align with a Bodymoor Heath Aston Villa Crest.  In doing so, he ruptured both Achilles tendons and has quadruple compound fractures of both his tibia and fibula.  During his descent to the floor he landed on his knees, dislocated both and snapped all of his cruciate ligaments. 

His ambulance was part of a 3 vehicle collision on way to hospital, the other vehicles being Royal Navy Aircraft carrying lorries, each with a nuclear payload.  On arrival to hospital the emergency staff greeted him by dropping his stretcher, causing him to break his neck and cranium.  A slightly charred Charles is still upbeat about his ability to play against Liverpool this weekend however, stating "Paul assured me I'd still probably be better than his other options".

It is thought his stretcher will be propped up against a corner flag - which - should he accidently fall, would still mean he covered more distance than Gabriel Agbongalore."

And THEN we sent him back out for 5mins to see if he can run it off and the real damage kicks in right?

• Like 1

ACL whilst kicking the ref after getting sent off so a 12 match suspension to be served once his injury clears up

What is an 'Isco' when it's at home?

Is this a real question?

"Charles Gil suffered a season long injury when he held an Aston Villa scarf to announce his arrival - in a photo-shoot where he had to stand on tiptoes to get his upper body to align with a Bodymoor Heath Aston Villa Crest.  In doing so, he ruptured both Achilles tendons and has quadruple compound fractures of both his tibia and fibula.  During his descent to the floor he landed on his knees, dislocated both and snapped all of his cruciate ligaments. 

His ambulance was part of a 3 vehicle collision on way to hospital, the other vehicles being Royal Navy Aircraft carrying lorries, each with a nuclear payload.  On arrival to hospital the emergency staff greeted him by dropping his stretcher, causing him to break his neck and cranium.  A slightly charred Charles is still upbeat about his ability to play against Liverpool this weekend however, stating "Paul assured me I'd still probably be better than his other options".

It is thought his stretcher will be propped up against a corner flag - which - should he accidently fall, would still mean he covered more distance than Gabriel Agbongalore."

you forgot the bit where whilst in hospital he was mistakenly put in the ebola wing

• Like 1

Â