Carles Gil

bose

B7PfU2xCcAEEkkg.png

Midfielder Carles Gil signs for Villa

Paul Lambert has declared that new signing Carles Gil will help to "add that creative spark that we have been lacking" after the Spanish U21 international completed his move from Valencia.

The 22-year-old attacking midfielder, who can operate on either flank or behind a striker, signed a four-and-a-half year deal to June 2019 subject to international clearance.

Gil is a product of the youth system at Valencia, his home city, and made his senior debut for their B team in 2009 as a 17-year-old.

He was loaned to Valencian neighbours Elche for two seasons, helping them secure promotion to La Liga in 2012-13 and then playing a key role alongside his new Villa team-mate Carlos Sanchez as they retained their status in the top-flight for the first time in more than 40 years in 2013-14.

"We've been on the lookout for a creative player and he will certainly bring that extra element to the side," said manager Lambert.

"He's only 22 years of age but he will come here and give us something I don't think we have at the moment. He can play either role, coming in off the sides or playing in behind as well.

"He can create chances and get those chances put away. He has a lot to offer and I know we can get the best out of him."

Gil also expressed his excitement at joining the club and confirmed his desire to make his mark in the Premier League.

"Once I knew that this club was interested in me I wanted to join.

"I am really looking forward to playing here and showing the fans what I can do.

"I can play on either side or in the middle of midfield and I like playing as part of the team, making things happen for my teammates.

"This is a very historic club in England, a very important club in the Premier League, and I am looking forward to playing for such a great club in a league that is the top league in the world."

So Paul is pinning his hopes on this lad being our creative spark, no pressure on Carles then!

Ive heard he can play either side or just in behind,  not sure where I heard it is it true?

oh and may god have mercy on his soul

Edited by Richard
  • Like 1

Very unlikely to be done today now apparently

It's like the anti "welcome" when daz says it's not happening we know it is

Go on daz say some more arent happening.  Ive heard we are in for Ronaldo,  daz tell me its not true

• Like 1

Â