Carles Gil

bose

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30793071Looks like "Welcome Carles Gil" time…. 

The BBC are way behind. This is the first time they've even mentioned Gil despite this deal being out there for days. They'll probably have a story on the agent fees a week after he's signed...

They actually ain't this time.

What do you mean? We've been hearing about Gil for ages with most news outlets reporting Sunday/yesterday that we were set to sign him and only just now are they picking this up. Now there is a holdup over agent fees which all other news outlets are reporting and they're not even mentioning it.

Watch, if this doesn't get done today they'll have a story about the holdup tomorrow morning.

Gil has been quoted by Spanish newspaper Marca as saying "I'm going with a thorn. The Mestalla has not seen the real Carles Gil. For one or other circumstances I could not prove everything I wanted here, but I've been at Valencia since age five, it's the club of my life and I want to thank everyone who has helped me and the fans for the support they have given me. I hope it is a goodbye for now and then we'll soon meet again."

Asked if it was his dream to return to Valencia, Gil said "Life is very long and many things happen. I hope that we can see in the future."

Whilst Gil may be sad, he's well aware of the opportunity being handed to him by Aston Villa and is keen to prove himself a good signing "It's a very important opportunity, because they are a very strong team who counted on me, an important club in England. I'm raring to go there and do well."

http://tinyurl.com/ouqsegs

Edited by SikhInTrinity

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30793071Looks like "Welcome Carles Gil" time…. 

The BBC are way behind. This is the first time they've even mentioned Gil despite this deal being out there for days. They'll probably have a story on the agent fees a week after he's signed...

What do you mean? We've been hearing about Gil for ages with most news outlets reporting Sunday/yesterday that we were set to sign him and only just now are they picking this up. Now there is a holdup over agent fees which all other news outlets are reporting and they're not even mentioning it.

Watch, if this doesn't get done today they'll have a story about the holdup tomorrow morning.

Everything has been sorted and it should be sealed later today, as being reported in the Spanish Press.

Everything has been sorted and it should be sealed later today, as being reported in the Spanish Press.

You mean the Spanish press are saying that it's done now despite the agent fees?

Even so, it's just a coincidence - BBC sport are garbage. As I said, the fact that they've only just started reporting about Gil is ridiculous.

You mean the Spanish press are saying that it's done now despite the agent fees?

Even so, it's just a coincidence - BBC sport are garbage. As I said, the fact that they've only just started reporting about Gil is ridiculous.

VALENCIA . Carles Gil is new player and Aston Villa . The agreement between clubs is closed on Sunday and the player traveled this Monday night , after saying goodbye to all members of the club in Paterna , to pass a medical examination and sign the contract you join the club of Birmingham for this season and five more .

Early Tuesday , they were still closing the last fringes of negotiations between the player and the English club , but everything has now been resolved and the player has passed without any problems medical tests that leave completely done deal .

With this operation the Valencia receives via four million euros and two variables and the Valencian entity a right of first refusal is stored in a future sale of the player and if not run receive 10 % of the transfer.

The intention of Aston Villa is that Carles Gil debut next weekend in the game against Liverpool and coach Paul Lambert has very confident that with the arrival of Valencian young can end equipment problems , which takes four games unmarked and is in a major crisis of results.

http://tinyurl.com/n4qjwge

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 1

Gil has been quoted by Spanish newspaper Marca as saying "I'm going with a thorn. The Mestalla has not seen the real Carles Gil. For one or other circumstances I could not prove everything I wanted here, but I've been at Valencia since age five, it's the club of my life and I want to thank everyone who has helped me and the fans for the support they have given me. I hope it is a goodbye for now and then we'll soon meet again."

Asked if it was his dream to return to Valencia, Gil said "Life is very long and many things happen. I hope that we can see in the future."

Whilst Gil may be sad, he's well aware of the opportunity being handed to him by Aston Villa and is keen to prove himself a good signing "It's a very important opportunity, because they are a very strong team who counted on me, an important club in England. I'm raring to go there and do well."

a "strong team"?? "an important club"?? Bless him. What else could he say?

I just hope he pokes that thorn up Tekkers backside and gets him scoring.

a "strong team"?? "an important club"?? Bless him. What else could he say?

I just hope he pokes that thorn up Tekkers backside and gets him scoring.

Lol I wonder how long it will take him to realise he couldn't be more wrong, strong team my ar..............................e.

VALENCIA . Carles Gil is new player and Aston Villa . The agreement between clubs is closed on Sunday and the player traveled this Monday night , after saying goodbye to all members of the club in Paterna , to pass a medical examination and sign the contract you join the club of Birmingham for this season and five more .

Early Tuesday , they were still closing the last fringes of negotiations between the player and the English club , but everything has now been resolved and the player has passed without any problems medical tests that leave completely done deal .

With this operation the Valencia receives via four million euros and two variables and the Valencian entity a right of first refusal is stored in a future sale of the player and if not run receive 10 % of the transfer.

The intention of Aston Villa is that Carles Gil debut next weekend in the game against Liverpool and coach Paul Lambert has very confident that with the arrival of Valencian young can end equipment problems , which takes four games unmarked and is in a major crisis of results.

'right of first refusal is stored in a future sale of the player and if not run receive 10 % of the transfer.'  - Does this mean that they have to meet whatevery one else is paying and if they dont then they get 10% and not the reported 12 mill fee earlier by people on here?

'right of first refusal is stored in a future sale of the player and if not run receive 10 % of the transfer.'  - Does this mean that they have to meet whatevery one else is paying and if they dont then they get 10% and not the reported 12 mill fee earlier by people on here?

Yes, if Villa want to sell, they get first refusal, similar to Cesc and Arsenal.

Don't see why we need a press confrence to announce the signing anyway

because it's big news for us

Look at the fees paid for our last few players

Cleverley Loan

Sanchez 3.5M

Richardson Free

Cole Free

Senderos Free

Cissokho 2M

In terms of fees paid this is up there with the most we have paid for a player in a while

• Like 1

Yes, if Villa want to sell, they get first refusal, similar to Cesc and Arsenal.

Yeah understood, but it was reported that they had agreed a fee of 12million on that refusal.  I.e. if Barca were going to pay us 40mill for him, Valencia would only have to pay 12.  People mentioned it was the only way they would let him go as they didn’t want him to go in first place.  The above statement sort of contradicts it.

Â