Carles Gil

bose

No loss at all. Poor player bought at a time when we were signing cheap crap from anywhere we could get it. Totally anonymous 99% of the time

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

He has a tremendous amount of skill and creativity. He's dynamic, quick thinking, forward thinking, has excellent vision and can score.

He has never been given an extended run in the number 10 position and we have lacked quality in midfield and attack to allow him to develop in that role.

I don't think he lacks physicality for a number 10. With a more physical and attacking midfield and capable strikers he would flourish. If physicality were an issue it's something that can be worked on but  is certainly not a good enough reason for letting him go considering his overall quality.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Yes he does.

He has a tremendous amount of skill and creativity. He's dynamic, quick thinking, forward thinking, has excellent vision and can score.

He has never been given an extended run in the number 10 position and we have lacked quality in midfield and attack to allow him to develop in that role.

I don't think he lacks physicality for a number 10. With a more physical and attacking midfield and capable strikers he would flourish. If physicality were an issue it's something that can be worked on but  is certainly not a good enough reason for letting him go considering his overall quality.

:thumb:

7 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He's dynamic, quick thinking, forward thinking, has excellent vision and can score.

I don't think I have ever seen any of this from him other than the odd good goal.

Every time he gets the ball he lays it off instantly to a very safe option. He never took risks, he never used his "excellent vision" and was anything but forward thinking imo. 

A player like Grealish will get the ball in spaces and turn to try and make something happen. Gil did not do this, he kept coming deep to just lay it off back to Westwood or whoever.

I appreciate there's an argument stating that if players in front of you don't pick up space then there's little chance to create something, but I didn't even see that intent from Gil when he did receive the ball.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Yes he does.

Classic Gil over hype.

He did a few nice things here and there but overall he was poor. His good moments were exaggerated by the amount of crap the rest of the team were serving up, he wouldn't get into a prem team.

Good luck to him but no great loss to us.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Yes he does.

Is that you Carles?

Three or four Villa managers thought he wasn't good enough including RDM our current manager.

Thats good enough for me to say he obviously isn't good enough for the Championship or the Villa team being built.

Would have loved to see him find his feet in England in the Championship but all the best to him :( . Favorite thing about him was that he played every game like it was his debut and always had a smile on his face where other players would have been sulky for being on the bench for the majority of 2 years.

• Like 2

I really like Gil and I hoped he would become the attacking, skilful, flair player that we have been crying out for. This hasn't happened for a variety of reasons and I doubt it will happen here (or at another club) IMO. Best for him to go and start afresh somewhere else. 

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

whos that spanish central midfielder who played for the baggies, did nothing special, moved back to mallorca looked a world beater and got himself a move i think to fiorentina?

pretty much exactly what you're saying

Valero is a hell of a lot better player than Gil. West Brom was only blip on his CV and ran midfield for Villarreal

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Shows the person he is. 

If any headline on Birmingham Evening Mail in general is the headline of a well-researched, professionally sound article with no anti-Villa bias whatsoever and not merely click-bait - well then: yes.

• Like 1

Â