Carles Gil

bose

He was excellent. Seemed to be playing almost a deeper playmaker type of role, picking the ball up from defensive midfield and running it out to grealish and traore. His linkup play with Grealish was amazing again, I swear they just know where the other one is without even looking.

He was excellent.

He didn't play on the wing. He played in central midfield. 

Veretout was DM, Grealish played higher up as a number 10 and Gil played between the two.

He was very good.

I thought he was pretty poor tonight personally 

I cannot believe we watched the same game

• Like 1

Wow surprised he played well... didn't see him mentioned or heard... saw the goals only and he wasn't involved. Thought he may of had a poor game but glad he did well from toes at the game.

He got 100 minutes under his belt too.

Was he playing on the wing?

No, it was more like the role that Cazorla played for Arsenal during their run-in last year. Attacking midfielder when we had the ball, moving back into a pivot alongside Veretout when we didn't. 

Grealish and Adama were more exciting, but I think Gil deserves a lot of credit as well, he linked up play beautifully at times and showed real intelligence, and it's especially good considering he was playing deeper than he's used to. 

Thought he was good on the ball , but very lightweight , struggled to regain the ball , think it could be a big problem for him

You could say something similar about many of the most talented players in the world though, that's why you need a player like Sanchez to play alongside him.

I wonder if we can line up like this in future games when fully fit.

-------------------Guzan--------------------

Bacuna----RIchards----Clark----Amavi

----------Sanchez----Gueye-------------

--------------------Gil-----------------------

Traore---------------------------Grealish

------------------Gestede-----------------

• Like 2

Â