Carles Gil

bose

Looking forward to seeing how he fits into our new team

I'm looking forward to seeing how our team fits around him. Technically the most gifted of our players I think he should be the first name on the teamsheet every week if available.
That is a crazy claim. He is already 23, and without the pedigree of any of our signings. He is good, and hopefully will improve, but you should be realistic.
22 #justsaying

You know this is Villatalk, right? Age exaggeration is a prerequisite for membership.

• Like 1

It seems like you post this bollocks on every other page now. Jesus christ.

I demand a list of page numbers on which I have posted anything remotely like this. Otherwise your claim that I post it on every other page will itself be exposed as bollocks.

It's exciting that we may have a side that has Traore, Gil, Grealish, Gana and Amavi playing in it. I mean those 5 are some of the most technically gifted players I have ever seen, they are all best friends with the football and seem to be able to command it with a level of ease and extravagance very few can. Many teams hope to have only one player like this that guy with flair, that stands out because he does what others can't. We have 5 that just amaze people with their mazey runs, perfect passes and intricate skill. We may lose a fair few games this season as we do most seasons, but we may be the most enjoyable team to watch when all of them are in-form.  

I'm looking forward to seeing how our team fits around him. Technically the most gifted of our players I think he should be the first name on the teamsheet every week if available. 

That is a crazy claim. He is already 23, and without the pedigree of any of our signings. He is good, and hopefully will improve, but you should be realistic.

Why is it a crazy claim? Unless you are unaware, Carles Gil started out at Valencia and was a product of their academy which is arguably up there in Europe never mind Spain. His pedigree is as good as any of our signings. Also the claim that he is our most technically gifted player, Is it that crazy? If so who is technically better? 

I wasn't insinuating that he was the best all rounder, defender, attacker etc. Just the most technically gifted. Also with what I have seen from him last season against Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and the other games he played in leads me to believe it's not a crazy claim at all. 

• Like 1

22 #justsaying

You know this is Villatalk, right? Age exaggeration is a prerequisite for membership.

I had momentarily forgotten. Carry on.
  • Like 1

Ok. I find it a little odd that you seemingly don't believe Grealish and Gil will have much of an impact. Each to their own.

I'm usually quite optimistic, and get (overly) excited about our players. I can't explain really why I'm a bit down on both of them. Maybe it's because we didn't get a prolific goalscorer, who would've eased the pressure from Gil/Grealish. If Gestede is our main striker, Gil, Grealish and Adama really have to come good.

Just been to watch the u-21's v Derby. He came off with about 10 mins to go with a knock. Hopefully not to serious.

Was nice to see him play!

Sounds like he had a good game. What soft of knock? Birmingham mail said he continued on and was then later taken off.

Just been to watch the u-21's v Derby. He came off with about 10 mins to go with a knock. Hopefully not to serious.

Was nice to see him play!

Sounds like he had a good game. What soft of knock? Birmingham mail said he continued on and was then later taken off.

Looked like a knock on his foot/ankle but not sure. Carried on for 5-10mins but was then subbed.

He looked decent on the ball and had a couple of nice runs.

Â