Carles Gil

bose

The one thing I noticed about Gil is that he looks to play really tight-angled passes.  It's hard to describe other than that, but where most players would look to create a natural passing angle, Gil somehow manages to make the angle purely with the ball.

• Like 1

Did some good things when he came on but lacks fitness and game time. Did a lot of running across the pitch and made the occasional forward pass. Ridiculous the frenzied calling for him to come on in the match thread after only about 20mins.  Hope he cuts out the diving.

was too deep. What disappointed me was his dive. If he stays on his feet he scores. Overall i thought he was okay. Will play better once he starts with smarter players.

Played some great balls into Sinclair and did more in his time on the pitch than Bacuna managed in 65 minutes, was unlucky when he got that bit of space with a bad touch and still nearly managed to make something out of it.

was too deep. What disappointed me was his dive. If he stays on his feet he scores. Overall i thought he was okay. Will play better once he starts with smarter players.

Nah, chance had gone and he took a chance on the penalty being given. 

• Like 1

Maybe. Just not a fan of diving. I am one of his biggest fans but thats not on.

• Like 2

Maybe. Just not a fan of diving. I am one of his biggest fans but thats not on.

I agree with that - diving is pretty pathetic.  He took a poor touch beforehand and tried his luck.  If he's back to being sharp, his touch is better and he gets a shot away.  He'll get there.

The chance had gone though.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

Thought it was more of him anticipating the contact. But diving isn't on, thought he was about 1000000000000 times better than Bacuna tho. When Adama and Grealish are both fit I don't know how we'll be able to fit everyone in. Seeing as Sinclair is banging goals in, assuming we play 4-2-3-1, I'd think Gil will have to be the one that misses out, which is a shame because he's an absolute joy to watch.   

Played half as long as Bacuna, had 29 passes to Leandros 33.

He makes things tick along. The right wing position today had a freer role than most because Hutton was having the run of the right flank. With such freedom Gil is almost always going to be more effective due to their comparative skills. If he was fit enough for 90 minutes I imagine he would've been given the start.

We'll see what happens after the international break.

• Like 1

Anyone got a GIF of the dive?

Thought he was just going to roll the ball into the net, that was our chance to win the game.

What I like is he gets our play moving quicker by passing the ball early, too many of our players take too many touches which slow down the attacks.

He'll have a part to play but we need Grealish and Traore fit.

• Like 1

Think Jack Gil and Traore behind Sinclair would work well

Going to be hard to fit them in. Gil may have to play a little deeper next to Sanchez/Gueye and Westwood. Maybe link the midfield and attack.

Â