New manager

reykjavik

If there's one thing I've learnt from past Villa vacancies, it's that the ones with the best odds, aren't the ones we'll get in. Remember Solskjaer?

Speaking of which.. He's out of work.. Please no.

Last time I put a bet on was for Ancelotti and we ended up with McLeish, so my money is staying in my pocket. God knows who it will be.

Ha! Remember those heady days of confidence that Lerner had great plans for the club! It's been a nose dive ever since. It surely cannot be any worse?

I'm glad Fox is here for this appointment.

If it was Faulkner we'd be approaching Sherwood.

I just have a hunch Fox will try and go all out for a much bigger name

Oh I like the sound of that. If the big name isn't Laudrup, don't rate him.

Think it's already been decided. The "The club will announce a new manager in due course" line kind of hints at that. Bloody hope it's not Sherwood. It could be anyone though lets face it with Lerner's record, literally anyone. 

I wouldn't mind Neil Lennon from the 'realistic' risk of candidates.

Surely Lennon is way more unpalatable than Sherwood. Some of his antics at Celtic were horrific.

Not concerned about his antics but he was bloody decent up there. Getting to groups of the Champions League and beating Barca...plus plenty of passion.

Edited by supernova26

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Jol has no intentions of returning to work anytime soon.

The likes of bilic, Yakin, Laudrup would all be fantastic appointments but also fanciful and wouldn't happen mid season.

I really hope we have the new guy ready to go though and this doesnt become the wolves / terry Connor debacle

Think it's already been decided. The "The club will announce a new manager in due course" line kind of hints at that. Bloody hope it's not Sherwood. It could be anyone though lets face it with Lerner's record, literally anyone. 

I wouldn't mind Neil Lennon from the 'realistic' risk of candidates.

Surely Lennon is way more unpalatable than Sherwood. Some of his antics at Celtic were horrific.

Not concerned about his antics but he was bloody decent up there. Getting to qualifiers of the Champions League and beating Barca...plus plenty of passion.

I really think he would be good, hard to like but has calmed down a bit since joining Bolton. Really doing a great job at Bolton right from his first game, which we need.

Pat Murphy on 5Live just mentioned Brian Little until end of the season, might be a good choice?

I should add that was his speculation, not any inside tip I don't think.

i heard some whispers from a mate that we was after Big Ron until the end of the season! just rumours

Although i can't see it myself as he is 75 now.

Edited by Villan4Life