New manager

reykjavik

Well, its looking like its Sherwood

Dont think its anyone's first choice (except stevos ;-) ), cant say im overwhelmed nor surprised that we have once again gone down the same garden path that led us to the same sort as manager who were appointed and failed before.

@DC, I am not defending Lambert's tenure whatsoever, but he went about his business with class, and never disrespected our fans. 

It is well documented that Sherwood is a grade A tool, and for that reason alone, I don't want him anywhere near our club. 

Honestly i've gone past caring if the manager is going to be a bit of knob or not.  This is the 5th consecutive year we've had to watch complete garbage and watch this team just get worse than worse.

We were desperate for a change and realistically no decent manager is going to come to us in this current situation.  I think Sherwood will have enough to keep us up, simply because our squad is good enough to stay up and just needs a new approach and new ideas.

I'm happy with that right now.  Not sure I'd want Sherwood here for the next 3/4 years but if he starts to prove himself and makes us better then lets see.

The important thing was that by sacking lambert, we've given ourselves a chance.

• Like 1

One one can be certain of any new a manager

but I don't want one that has been around the block and left his best days behind him.

a young vibrant guy who can grow in to the club and make HIS name with us.

• Like 1

This almost feels as bad as when we announced Mcleish.

Oh behave!!!

He walked into the perfect storm at Tottenham he couldn't fail, he's a cult hero with the fans, he had an expesive squad that were just relieved to see the back of AVB. So everything was an upwards trajectory. Coming here will be completey different, he won't even have his old Assistant. This to me is feeling like a complete disaster.

You could say many of those points relate to us too.

IMO it's utter lunacy. Hot headed. No experience. Walking into a squad infinitely less talented than the one he had at Spurs. Very little respect in the game.

Why did we move so fast as if the guy is hot property?

If we are talking to others fine but it's pretty obvious he is number one choice.

I just can't get on board with this one. He is the one person I didn't want to see end up here.

Once he signs I will judge him as a manager of villa and pray to God it works out but it isn't gonna stop me from saying its a complete disaster in my eyes.

Nicely put, how I feel too.

Clearly a very different coach to Paul, not necessarily a bad thing, but hard to imagine the players will be afforded the same protection they enjoyed under Paul. We better hope they're ready for that?

He's worked at one club and won't be able to call upon the Chris Ramsey's of this world to help him. Who else does he know?

If he is to get the job, the Director of Football would need to be able to stand up to him if some of the reports of his undermining of AVB are to be believed.

Is him being a bit of a knob a really bad thing?  I'd imagine most football players are idiots.  I can't imagine gabby or benteke are down to earth nice guys.

If he gets the best out of them then who cares if he looks like a clearing in the woods at times?

I doubt he will be bullying players or act like roy keane when he gets here.

Edited by DCJonah

but he went about his business with class, and never disrespected our fans. 

In terms of results and the turgid performances he was responsible for and the record breaking negatives he helped bestow up on us.

I find that comment quite bizarre.

• Like 1

I don't like Sherwood, but then he probably would'nt like me. Its my opinion and my business, thats all.

Now, having said that, if its true then we have to put it all to one side and concentrate on getting behind the club. The very idea of Championship roulette every year fills me with abject dread. If its him, so be it.

I'm probably in the minority but I don't actually care who we get, not because I don't care about Villa or Football but because anyone one of the possible candidates could succeed or bomb and because if I looked at each of their faults there is not one of them I would say that's the man I want at Villa. There's naturally candidates that I want less and Sherwood is one of them but that is only down to not liking him from his playing days, his personality through the media and his lack of experience but none of that means he'll succeed or not.

I'll care once the new man is in the role, I'll want to see changes but he'll have my full support.

Though I'm also not so sure it is definitely going to be Sherwood.