New manager

reykjavik

Blimey, if the last fans favourite of Lambert was anything to go by.....it might be best if we leave it to the management.

The fans arent asking to go for their favourite, they are asking not to go with someone who is a bluffer, no back room team and 4 months of TOTAL managerial experience. Any knowledgable fan would ask as much.

Seriously he's been linked with every job going since Spurs got rid of him.

I don't buy the fact that he turned all those clubs down.

They didn't want him.

I can't believe this guy will decide our premiership future.

4 months premier league experience.

4 months managing experience.

4 **** months!

Hard to ******* believe. Thats why i dont because its so ridiculous.

It only took Lambert 3 games to get us into 2nd place :)

I'm one of the minority on Sherwood, will be happy with him.

You are not alone. I don't have a problem with him either. My biggest worry would be his lack of experience in terms of the buying and selling and building a squad side of things but that wouldn't be a concern until the end of the season. Quite frankly all I am concerned about at the moment in the here and now and dragging ourselves out of the shit.

He has plenty of experience as a coach having been at Spurs on the coaching side for five years prior to stepping up to manage them. I got to be honest I don't have a clue what he is like as a manager or coach but I remember him as a no nonsense player and I get the impression he has carried that on into the management side and that he will stand no shit and expect nothing less than 100%. He captained both Tottenham and Blackburn (was captain when they won the Prem) which would suggest he is a natural leader.

I have seen some say he is an arrogant so and so. That maybe correct but I think it is more a case that he has a lot of self believe and in a manager that is no bad thing.

If it is to be Sherwood then yes its as risk but for me though it is one that I would be very hopeful will pay off in terms of him keeping us up. Beyond that who knows but at present who really cares.

In terms of buying and selling, we now have people at the club that play a part in that so it's not all down to the manager.

We are in the relegation zone with 13 games left to play, we have an owner who spends little money and wants to sell the club.  Our choices of realistic managers is very limited.  We are not in a position to get someone great.  Be thankful Lambert has gone and at least we have a chance of staying up.

Thats just about the most realistic post I've read.

• Like 2

Can we all just get behind whoever's waiting in the wings?

Every manager has their problems, but we've been so divided the last few years it'll just be nice to all be behind a guy for once. Even if it only lasts the first half of a miserable 6-0 loss to Stoke.

Tim Sherwood isn't someone I would want as manager at Villa, he looked out of his depth at Spurs and didn't really impress even though the squad cost way over £100m. Not sure he'd do too well in our current predicament, I think if we go for him he'd be the manager that takes us down.

He got 23 points out of 30 in his first 10 games. I seriously don't get the out of his depth thing. I'm starting to think people are literally making things up just because they don't like him!

He had Hugo Lloris, Christian Eriksen, Jan Verthongen and 100million other worth of talent. now he has TOm Cleverley, Fabian Delph and Gabriel Agbonlahor

Using this logic I could argue Klopp is a shite manager also based on the season he is having with Dortmund and the talent at his disposal. You can only coach what you have no? Anyway pointless arguments.

well he has 5 world cup winners and Marco Reus in his team and they are still struggling ;)

They went through a shit patch but they battered Freiburg at the weekend and they've just literally won 4-2.

Listening to his rants were funny when he was at Spurs. Not sure how funny they'll be if he is here. If he is the man they've chosen i'll back him 100% and hope he proves me wrong and i'll be willing him to do that.

Be better than "we were excellent and we go again."

I remember when I sold my only car I had on a Saturday and I needed a car for work on the Monday. I had to ring up someone who had a car for sale and go and buy it on the Sunday. I had to beg them to stay in so I could go and look at it. They let me have half an hour to look at the car in the rain. It seemed fine so I bought it but realised afterward that it had scratches, marks etc and I shouldn't have backed myself into that position. Ever since then I don't buy a car without having another one lined up first.

Not sure why I brought that up.

• Like 1

Listening to his rants were funny when he was at Spurs. Not sure how funny they'll be if he is here. If he is the man they've chosen i'll back him 100% and hope he proves me wrong and i'll be willing him to do that.

Be better than "we were excellent and we go again."

I'm all for trying something new. As I said I hope he proves me wrong as he was clearly the first, and probably the only, candidate that we were going to speak to.