New manager

reykjavik

Listening to his rants were funny when he was at Spurs. Not sure how funny they'll be if he is here. If he is the man they've chosen i'll back him 100% and hope he proves me wrong and i'll be willing him to do that.

Be better than "we were excellent and we go again."

I'm all for trying something new. As I said I hope he proves me wrong as he was clearly the first, and probably the only, candidate that we were going to speak to.

At least Lambert had respect and integrity. That's what Aston Villa is all about - we shouldn't need to stoop to the level of Spurs.

I'm one of the minority on Sherwood, will be happy with him.

You are not alone. I don't have a problem with him either. My biggest worry would be his lack of experience in terms of the buying and selling and building a squad side of things but that wouldn't be a concern until the end of the season. Quite frankly all I am concerned about at the moment is the here and now and dragging ourselves out of the shit.

He has plenty of experience as a coach having been at Spurs on the coaching side for five years prior to stepping up to manage them. I got to be honest I don't have a clue what he is like as a manager or coach but I remember him as a no nonsense player and I get the impression he has carried that on into the management side and that he will stand no shit and expect nothing less than 100%. He captained both Tottenham and Blackburn (was captain when they won the Prem) which would suggest he is a natural leader.

I have seen some say he is an arrogant so and so. That maybe correct but I think it is more a case that he has a lot of self believe and in a manager that is no bad thing.

If it is to be Sherwood then yes its as risk but for me though it is one that I would be very hopeful will pay off in terms of him keeping us up. Beyond that who knows but at present who really cares.

very good post Mark

I think with right leadership we can turn this around.....Tim Sherwood reminds me of John Gregory, that southern swagger, that can galvanise the lack of self belief that is smothering us.

We need a character from the Tim Sherwood/John Gregory mould, One that exudes confidence.....thats our only chance IMO

We can't be sure of anyone being a nailed on success......even some of the big names that are beyond us now.

Ron Saunders was not exactly a house hold name and neither was Tony Barton, what i would give for a modern day one of those.

• Like 3

Listening to his rants were funny when he was at Spurs. Not sure how funny they'll be if he is here. If he is the man they've chosen i'll back him 100% and hope he proves me wrong and i'll be willing him to do that.

I'm all for trying something new. As I said I hope he proves me wrong as he was clearly the first, and probably the only, candidate that we were going to speak to.

At least Lambert had respect and integrity. That's what Aston Villa is all about - we shouldn't need to stoop to the level of Spurs.

I'd be quite happy to stoop to their level right now.

Shame he didn't have respect for us when he told us our expectations were unrealistic.

What's Sherwood done that was so disrespectful?

• Like 1

This almost feels as bad as when we announced Mcleish.

Oh behave!!!

He walked into the perfect storm at Tottenham he couldn't fail, he's a cult hero with the fans, he had an expesive squad that were just relieved to see the back of AVB. So everything was an upwards trajectory. Coming here will be completey different, he won't even have his old Assistant. This to me is feeling like a complete disaster.

• Like 2

@DC, I am not defending Lambert's tenure whatsoever, but he went about his business with class, and never disrespected our fans. 

It is well documented that Sherwood is a grade A tool, and for that reason alone, I don't want him anywhere near our club. 

• Like 3

This almost feels as bad as when we announced Mcleish.

Its because Guss Hiddinck's name has'nt been mentioned. :D

I was thinking perhaps Klinsmann part-time until the end of the season or perhaps even Hiddink in a similar capacity.

(Nice dream)

IMO it's utter lunacy. Hot headed. No experience. Walking into a squad infinitely less talented than the one he had at Spurs. Very little respect in the game.

Why did we move so fast as if the guy is hot property?

If we are talking to others fine but it's pretty obvious he is number one choice.

I just can't get on board with this one. He is the one person I didn't want to see end up here.

Once he signs I will judge him as a manager of villa and pray to God it works out but it isn't gonna stop me from saying its a complete disaster in my eyes.

• Like 3