The ISIS threat to Europe

Ads

38 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I see Donald Trump is continuing his common sense approach to dealing with this delicate situation - following on from his claim that the Paris situation would not have happened if the French adopted common sense gun laws that let everyone carry one all the time, he's now suggesting setting up a database of all muslims living in the US, or even ID cards, so that they can be clearly identified and monitored.

Donald, if you're looking for something more practical, perhaps you could just stick a yellow star on them?

To be fair to him (which is probably more than he deserves), I think the reported stuff is from a Yahoo News interview with him and this was where the database thing came from:

Yahoo News asked Trump whether this level of tracking might require registering Muslims in a database or giving them a form of special identification that noted their religion. He wouldn’t rule it out.

“We’re going to have to — we’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” Trump said when presented with the idea. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

That wouldn't rule out him saying that he came up with the idea if/when he does moot it as policy. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not terribly up to date with my US Politics.

Is Trump a realistic contender for Presidency?

I don't know about that but Donald Trump has 7-point lead in race for 2016 GOP nomination: poll:

Excerpt:

Mr. Trump was at 26 percent in the poll from the Democratic-leaning firm Public Policy Polling, followed by Mr. Carson at 19 percent. A PPP poll released in early October had Mr. Trump at 27 percent and Mr. Carson at 17 percent.

In the poll released Thursday, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas was next at 14 percent, followed by Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida at 13 percent.

Well back of the top four was former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 5 percent, followed by former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee at 4 percent each, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Ohio Gov. John Kasich at 3 percent each, and Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky at 2 percent.

Trump doesn't believe in anything, nor does he seem to have any policies. His strategy is pretty much to stay in the news and be seen as a candidate. The problem is other candidates, in an attempt to catch up, are repeating his language without a thought about the consequences. Regardless of who wins the election next year, the US has become a meaner place as a result of this contest.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

So it's Trump, the ultra-xenophobic, conservative business man or the brain surgeon who believes in sky fairies.

I have my money on the Democrats.

Just to clarify, Is he different to the misogynistic, ego maniac, ultra-xenophobic, British Police in his back pocket, Granny bullying, Greed driven, Power hungry, manipulative, Eco-ravaging, conservative business man or are we talking about the same guy?

14 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Just to clarify, Is he different to the misogynistic, ego maniac, ultra-xenophobic, British Police in his back pocket, Granny bullying, Greed driven, Power hungry, manipulative, Eco-ravaging, conservative business man or are we talking about the same guy?

Not really, he's just a bit more vocal about it.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

So it's Trump, the ultra-xenophobic, conservative business man or the brain surgeon who believes in sky fairies.

I have my money on the Democrats.

Neither of them is at all likely to win the Republican nomination, and the Republican candidate will start with a slight advantage in terms of Obama's approval rating and the state of the economy. While all results are still possible, the smart money right now is on a Republican president not named Trump or Carson. 

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I see Donald Trump is continuing his common sense approach to dealing with this delicate situation - following on from his claim that the Paris situation would not have happened if the French adopted common sense gun laws that let everyone carry one all the time, he's now suggesting setting up a database of all muslims living in the US, or even ID cards, so that they can be clearly identified and monitored.

Donald, if you're looking for something more practical, perhaps you could just stick a yellow star on them?

image1_zpsd9aykjri.jpg

• Like 3

Poor people are miserable. We also understand you have pretty much no education. You know why you're miserable? It's because the West have taken everything. That's why they can afford to spend so much money in these hotels and you have nothing. It's because they've taken everything. Are you angry about that? Let me justify that anger, by telling you that God wants you to exact retribution against them. How does that sound? Here's a gun.

Terrorism is a direct consequence of us having lived for so relatively well for so long, and people in the Third World living so poorly.

Edited by YLN

2 hours ago, YLN said:

Poor people are miserable. We also understand you have pretty much no education. You know why you're miserable? It's because the West have taken everything. That's why they can afford to spend so much money in these hotels and you have nothing. It's because they've taken everything. Are you angry about that? Let me justify that anger, by telling you that God wants you to exact retribution against them. How does that sound? Here's a gun.

The current wave of Terrorism is a direct consequence of us having lived for so relatively well for so long, and people in the Third World living so poorly.

Corrected that for you

Just now, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I'm certainly of the belief that if everyone had the same opportunities in life that I did from birth, there would be a lot less problems.

How do we go about fixing that? Do we (the west) have the desire to do so?

I certainly don't. My lifestyle is entirely dependent on the people in the third world having very very little. And sure if that means I run the lottery of being killed in a terrorist attack from time to time, then fine. Rather that than not getting delicious thai food delivered and playing xbox one and having the fastest broadband available. And certainly a lot of children will die due to their poverty, but that's how it's always been. Every time I spent €60 on a night out instead of giving that money to a charity, I am blinding children. So if you want to improve the quality of life of those less fortunate, it can be left up to those who have so much more than me. It is harder for a rich man to get into heaven than a camel through the eye of a needle. This now makes sense, when you consider the death and misery on genocide proportions that billionaires are indirectly responsible for through their greed. 

Or I don't know, whatever. 

• Like 1

Â