Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

If a new manager can get his confidence back and some motivation going, he could be an asset next year.  Could be.  Sell him now and what are we realistically going to get for him?  Personally, I would give him another season and see if he can flourish again in the Championship.  Scored a hatrick at Wembley in the play off final I seem to remember.  

• Like 2

I realise there's a temptation to rationalise how our shittest players could be good for us next season.

However, these players have been so bad for us, and have let us down so much, that they do not deserve to be at this club next season. We need to cut the losers out of this squad, the players who do not have a winning mentality or desire to give it 100% whenever they are on the pitch.

For me, Scott Sinclair epitomises the worst kind of footballer, he simply doesn't give a shit and can't be arsed to show up and play at his best consistently. 

• Like 4

I will be in the minority here, but i thought he did pretty well at the start of the reason, then got dropped for some reason and didn't really come back until towards the end, at which point it was pretty much impossible to judge anyone given the shambles we had become. 

The few occasions I have seen him play he has been decent, I would give him a chance in the Championship. He does have the ability (especially at that level) he just need s to show it.

I realise there's a temptation to rationalise how our shittest players could be good for us next season.

However, these players have been so bad for us, and have let us down so much, that they do not deserve to be at this club next season. We need to cut the losers out of this squad, the players who do not have a winning mentality or desire to give it 100% whenever they are on the pitch.

For me, Scott Sinclair epitomises the worst kind of footballer, he simply doesn't give a shit and can't be arsed to show up and play at his best consistently. 

There's a temptation to get rid of everyone because of the reasons you've mentioned, but the typical Villa turn-of-events is that we'll end up getting rid of a number of players who turn out to be decent additions for rival teams. It's tempting to get rid of them all, but realistically we won't be able to, so it's worth considering which players could play a part for us moving forward. (I'm not saying Sinclair is one of those players btw, but he could be).

A small bunch of the 'losers' that we've gotten rid of, are either promoted or in the Championship play offs; Bannan, Lowton, Weimann, Bent.

Obviously there are lots of players who we've let go that have done shockingly, and Darren Bent has hardly contributed for Derby, but you get the point I'm making.

The temptation is to get rid of everyone, but some players are worth hanging on to.

Just now, Rob182 said:

There's a temptation to get rid of everyone because of the reasons you've mentioned, but the typical Villa turn-of-events is that we'll end up getting rid of a number of players who turn out to be decent additions for rival teams. It's tempting to get rid of them all, but realistically we won't be able to, so it's worth considering which players could play a part for us moving forward. (I'm not saying Sinclair is one of those players btw, but he could be).

A small bunch of the 'losers' that we've gotten rid of, are either promoted or in the Championship play offs; Bannan, Lowton, Weimann, Bent.

Obviously there are lots of players who we've let go that have done shockingly, and Darren Bent has hardly contributed for Derby, but you get the point I'm making.

The temptation is to get rid of everyone, but some players are worth hanging on to.

True but Sinclair doesn't fall into the category of worth hanging on to. 

Maybe!

But with him being English, still at an age to compete, having scored some goals for us this season, having played in the Championship and getting promotion before... I feel he has all the ingredients to be a player that bites us I the arse next season, and looks like a Sinclair that we've never seen at Villa :(

:D

I honestly can not remember him doing anything in a game since the Sunderland game at the start of the season .I recall he was decent while at Chelsea and Swansea but we have not seen much of him to get excited about while at Villa 

• Like 1

Pure guesswork from my part, but I don't see him having the motivation for a long, hard Championship season where he'll be expected to put in a shift twice a week.

Think he'll rather be a part time player at Swansea or Sunderland

I don't quite get the hate, he's a winger/wide player just like any other wide player we have, all of whom all season have either not played or not had anyone in the box to cross to or anyone making any movement ahead of them.

I don't rate him that highly either, he is average but he is wasted in a team that is not set up to attack. Under Sherwood he actually had some decent moments and scored goals. But he is lightweight and can't be the focal point of a attack.

hating him because he has a celeb girlfriend and funky haircut is pointless (not that anyone is that's just me, lolz), he is no worse than any other player we have.

If we had decent attack, i.e. two proper strikers he would be ok at Championship level and i think we should keep him.

and that's an opinion, i do get why he is disliked but i think the hate is over the top. 

Watching him last year , he has either fell out of love with the game, or been so long on the sidelines that he has forgot the basics.His movement, his positional play, touch , awareness, is all very poor, a la Gabby.There is a reasonable player in there, and i think he should be played down the middle, but for me, as someone said earlier, he has been with us, for what 3 seasons, and i am struggling to think of any game he has had an impact in.

Would rather play Hepburn, or Green or Robinson tbh

On 5/14/2016 at 10:44, TheStagMan said:

I will be in the minority here, but i thought he did pretty well at the start of the reason, then got dropped for some reason and didn't really come back until towards the end, at which point it was pretty much impossible to judge anyone given the shambles we had become. 

The few occasions I have seen him play he has been decent, I would give him a chance in the Championship. He does have the ability (especially at that level) he just need s to show it.

Eh? He's played loads this season. He started many of Garde's first 10 games.

His "good" form at start of the season was 5 goals at home to Notts County and Sunderland. A poor league two team and two of them were penalties. Sunderland were hopless at the time. People at the time were getting carried away he could score 10-15 goals this season. I wanted to see him play well against a decent team before making that claim. Next game v Leicester he was poor and well the rest speaks for itself. 

• Like 1

Â