January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Exactly.

We have Westwood, Delph and Cleverley all suited to playing the same position, imo.

Whilst I think Delph is the best option out of those three, him leaving means we have 2 players left to cover that position.

But again, this assumes Gil works out, and we're playing a midfield 3 of him, Sanchez and one other.

Which is quite a big assumption

I'm still hoping Delph will stay. In spite of his bad form and injuries of late, he is still our best midfielder in my opinion. Letting him go for next to nothing this month or for free at the end of the season is unacceptable and would be another failure of the management.

Even if his wage demands would be enourmous right now, he should have gotten an extension a year ago when he couldn't threaten the club with a Bosman.

I'd like to see another winger and a striker on loan.  If Delph goes then he will need replacing also. 

This might be controversial, but I don't think replacing Delph would be a priority at this stage.

but that's relying on Gil being a good signing.

I agree with that. I think we really need to step away from this narrow 4-3-3 and move towards a 4-2-3-1 with width. In that formation we already have players perfectly suited for the holding positions in Sanchez and Westwood.

Exactly.

We have Westwood, Delph and Cleverley all suited to playing the same position, imo.

Whilst I think Delph is the best option out of those three, him leaving means we have 2 players left to cover that position.

But again, this assumes Gil works out, and we're playing a midfield 3 of him, Sanchez and one other.

Which is quite a big assumption

I honestly think that Lambert needs to have faith in him and just play him in his most natural position and play him consistently. I would be playing, at present, either a 4-3-3 with a midfield of Delph, Sanchez and Westwood and a Front 3 of Beteke, Gil and preferably a new wide man. That is what I would play away from home.

At home I would sacrifice one of Westwood or Delph and move Gil behind Benteke so it becomes a more attacking 4-2-3-1. If the wide play wasn't working then we could always bring on Cole and have 2 players behind Benteke and go more narrow.

What i'm finding is Gabby and Andi just don't fit into the starting line up anywhere for me.

Would rather have a diamond midfield with Sanchez holding, Westwood/Delph/Cleverley ahead of him and Gil at the tip.  Benteke and Gabby/Weimann/Robinson/whoever playing as 2 strikers so we don't get the standard situation of 2 centre backs on Benteke.

But hey, it'll never happen ;)

Would rather have a diamond midfield with Sanchez holding, Westwood/Delph/Cleverley ahead of him and Gil at the tip.  Benteke and Gabby/Weimann/Robinson/whoever playing as 2 strikers so we don't get the standard situation of 2 centre backs on Benteke.

That's probably a more logical suggestion for us as we have an abundance of strikers. We could avoid the 2 centrebacks on Benteke quite easily though if he bothered to actually move a little.....  ;)

Have we not signed anyone else since Gil ? LAMBERT OUT!

You bloody turncoat Richard!   ;)

Nice to see such an early signing, so far Lambo has done a good job in signing players and long may it continue....well good signings that is, I'd imagine he's keeping his job and we might see a new face or two coming in this window.

Great price for Gil considering it's January....then again I'm assuming he'll be a good player....

• Like 2

That's probably a more logical suggestion for us as we have an abundance of strikers. We could avoid the 2 centrebacks on Benteke quite easily though if he bothered to actually move a little.....  ;)

Have we not signed anyone else since Gil ? LAMBERT OUT!

You bloody turncoat Richard!   ;)

You started the turncoat bit chap  ;)

• Like 1

Interview on Sky Sports News at lunchtime.  When asked about new signings he said the usual lot of things to a transfer etc.

BUT

In my eyes he had a smug grin and he looked happy like he knew we had someone signed up.

Just my thoughts.

He wants a few more signings as well. Good to see we will back him to an extent

I'm glad of that. Even if they were to sack him in a few weeks time I would expect him to spend any money he is given wisely. If they've no intention of sacking him, no matter what, then they simply must back him.

Either way, let's hope it happens.

I really haven't seen anything in Januzaj that excites me or would want him here. I think he's been massively hyped by media which in turn had 4 different countries wanting him to play for them, which in itself is barmy. Sinclair could end up being a steven ireland mk2 who were struggling to shift of our books in a seasons time. also the last thing we need is another crock on our hands. 

Januzaj on loan would mean scrapping the cleverley deal (or buying him...) and we would have no chance of keeping him, I agree he's had the hype machine treatment (which died down once he couldn't play for England) and he's not worth the logistics of making it happen

I really haven't seen anything in Januzaj that excites me or would want him here. I think he's been massively hyped by media which in turn had 4 different countries wanting him to play for them, which in itself is barmy. Sinclair could end up being a steven ireland mk2 who were struggling to shift of our books in a seasons time. also the last thing we need is another crock on our hands. 

REALLY?!