January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I just wonder about Weimann to be honest and whether he goes for cash or in a swap deal

This seems very specific to me Richard, espically when its that ludacris what you are saying id nearly believe you know something.

I just wonder about Weimann to be honest and whether he goes for cash or in a swap deal

This seems very specific to me Richard, espically when its that ludacris what you are saying id nearly believe you know something.

Ludacris-ps01.jpg

Darn spell checker. :)

Weinmann needs a run up top before we consider selling as he is hopeless as attacking midfielder

Yep agreed.

He's not a winger nor an AMC. He needs to be played off Benteke in the traditional big man little man configuration.  

• Like 1

I'd keep both to pad out the squad. We're not blessed with options and just like Clark this year who's to say a spell on the sideline won't give Weimann a kic up the a*$*. We don't need to dismantle we need to add competition. Gabby and Andi are stale due to lack of feasible competition.

• Like 2

Weimann is a headless chicken think it's time for him to go

I was at the Blackpool game and we had literally no movement what so ever, but when Andi came on he changed the game. I know Benteke scored and Sanchez assisted but we wouldn't have won the game if it wasn't for Weimann coming on as a sub.

• Like 2

The trouble with getting rid of Weimann and Agbonlahor is that we lose a potential goal threat. 

Hardly.

Especially if the player plus cash deal is for another forward,  not saying I know anything by the way just to avoid countless PMs

Well I doubt you’ll get many folks offering to “drive him” to another club.

He’s a decent premier league squad player who has shown flashes of being capable of more. Don’t think anyone would fault his effort.

But there’s no point in engaging in complete speculation. Every player has his price as they say so of course he could leave if the valuation was right whether part of a swap or a transfer

The trouble with getting rid of Weimann and Agbonlahor is that we lose a potential goal threat. 

Hardly.

Especially if the player plus cash deal is for another forward,  not saying I know anything by the way just to avoid countless PMs

Well I doubt you’ll get many folks offering to “drive him” to another club.

He’s a decent premier league squad player who has shown flashes of being capable of more. Don’t think anyone would fault his effort.

But there’s no point in engaging in complete speculation. Every player has his price as they say so of course he could leave if the valuation was right whether part of a swap or a transfer

The previous 90+ pages seem to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1

Weinmann needs a run up top before we consider selling as he is hopeless as attacking midfielder

Yep agreed.

He's not a winger nor an AMC. He needs to be played off Benteke in the traditional big man little man configuration.  

Agreed again.

Remember that day at Anfield?  I want that again.

• Like 1

Weimann would be a good squad player, think you're all being a bit harsh on him.

He is awful, played really well when his contract was running down then he got given a new contract and has been largely shite. Bit like Gabby when he got his new deal under MON.

The pair of them are laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 1

Weimann is a headless chicken think it's time for him to go

I was at the Blackpool game and we had literally no movement what so ever, but when Andi came on he changed the game. I know Benteke scored and Sanchez assisted but we wouldn't have won the game if it wasn't for Weimann coming on as a sub.

Yes, though when he came on last weekend he didnt touch the ball once according to opta stats.

• Like 1

Weimann would be a good squad player, think you're all being a bit harsh on him.

Yes, it's not really his fault that he's playing as a winger. I like him and think he could become a decent striker for a middle to lower PL team, but I just can't see him getting that opportunity here. Benteke is number 1 and if he gets sold for decent money we'd bring in another striker anyway. It doesn't work just sticking him out wide because he's not good enough on the ball and it looks like Lambert is bringing in players for that position. I wouldn't be against selling him to raise a bit of money to spend.