January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I do not rate Weimann.  He is meant to be the best finisher in the club, if true we are doomed.

I always remember when Dean Saunders wasnt scoring but fans claimed he worked hard a guy said he would run around trying hard till his balls were blue and cost a fraction that Saunders cost but what we needed was goals.  I think this applies to Weimann as well.

As for Gabby he hasnt moved on or developed his game since ONeil left.  It is like he is pining for the old days and ways.

I do not rate Weimann.  He is meant to be the best finisher in the club, if true we are doomed.

I always remember when Dean Saunders wasnt scoring but fans claimed he worked hard a guy said he would run around trying hard till his balls were blue and cost a fraction that Saunders cost but what we needed was goals.  I think this applies to Weimann as well.

As for Gabby he hasnt moved on or developed his game since ONeil left.  It is like he is pining for the old days and ways.

Weimann may well be the best finisher at the club but its hard to tell either way when he is played out wide. 

• Like 1

Weimann is a decent finisher but lacks composure at times, remember that chance against spurs when we were 1-0 up, ball comes to him, 10 yards out, large section of the goal to aim at and he time to take a touch, instead he hit it first time and it went high and wide, turned from a 2-0 win to a 1-2 defeat.

I do not rate Weimann. He is meant to be the best finisher in the club, if true we are doomed.

I always remember when Dean Saunders wasnt scoring but fans claimed he worked hard a guy said he would run around trying hard till his balls were blue and cost a fraction that Saunders cost but what we needed was goals. I think this applies to Weimann as well.

As for Gabby he hasnt moved on or developed his game since ONeil left. It is like he is pining for the old days and ways.

I don't understand the Saunders anecdote. It's troubling me!

Dodged a bullet if true IMO, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was resurrected late in the window. I'd take Sinclair on loan so he can prove himself, but a full transfer is a massive gamble - perhaps not at £2.5m but certainly at £4m given the embarrassing size of the kitty that Lerner has sanctioned. 

• Like 2

Dodged a bullet if true IMO, although it wouldn't surprise me if it was resurrected late in the window. I'd take Sinclair on loan so he can prove himself, but a full transfer is a massive gamble - perhaps not at £2.5m but certainly at £4m given the embarrassing size of the kitty that Lerner has sanctioned.

The fee is irrelevant, at least at that kind of level. It's the wages that would trouble me. I wouldn't want him on £50k a week for 5 years at this point.

• Like 3

Not fussed about Sinclair only played well at Swansea 2 or so years ago now.I would suspect he wanted a decent wage too and right of the club to not get themselves stuck with high paid player who doesnt warrent it.

Also City with FPP need to get cash in now seems wanted a decent fee for a player who has quite literally for one reason ot another done nothing since he moved there.

Be interesting to see what out other options are.