January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

So James Nursey says that he expects us to sign Sinclair and an attacking mid this window.

Interesting. Winger and a number 10 are on just about everyone's wish list I assume. 

Would be happy with Sinclair and the young lad Gil myself. Would actually prefer Lennon over Sinclair, give me slightly above average premier league level winger over only potentially slightly above average premier league winger, but I guess it's not my call (financially or otherwise). 

Two players of the level linked so far though would be an excellent window for us. 

All this is great... But.... I thought we had no money?!!! How can we be signing players?

Is someone leaving, or have people already agreed deals elsewhere for next season....?

Edited by Tayls

Looks like Gil is the Plan B from the Canales link at the end of the August transfer window.

Seem another case of a highly rated young Spanish player who hasn't quite kicked on yet.

I'd much rather a move like this tbh. Sometimes with all the money awashed in the premier league and this debate over paying Sinclair 50k a week, we forget most european players even at some top clubs are pretty poorly paid by comparison.

There's been a cash crisis in La Liga for years so I reckon Gil is in the 10-15k a week range so much rather take a chance on him than Sinclair.

Never heard of Gil myself. I was looking him up earlier and noticed he had 83 potential on this years FIFA! (Not that it means anything just thought id throw it in here). 

Tayls we do have money it is just people have this notion that we don't it is very clear what our budget is for each year 15-20 on fees

How much did we spend in the summer? Genuine question, I have no idea...

We can't afford him, but Sanchez's teammate with Colombia, Juan Quintero would be an ideal number-10 for this club. He's amazing with the ball. His problem with Colombia, James Rodriguez plays his position. Still, Pekerman manages to use both "10's" on the pitch at once. He currently plays for Porto.  Check out his goal against Argentina (:45) at the South American Youth Qualifiers.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8VbhRKlq9M

We can't afford him, but Sanchez's teammate with Colombia, Juan Quintero would be an ideal number-10 for this club. He's amazing with the ball. His problem with Colombia, James Rodriguez plays his position. Still, Pekerman manages to use both "10's" on the pitch at once. He currently plays for Porto.  Check out his goal against Argentina (:45) at the South American Youth Qualifiers.  

I like your ambition and eye for talent. With that said, this would never happen. 

He's better than James in term of talent and skill and he will cost over 20m. He's the kind of player that attracts attention from Arsenal as he was rumored to be heading to this summer for 20m. He's one of the top young creative talents in the world and I can't see him going to a team that's not at the very least in the Europa league. He gets regular Champions League football at Porto. 

Carles Gil looks like a very exciting option. A latin creative midfielder like we need. Very good dribbler and very fast. I think he could turn this team around if we signed him. 

Carles Gil looks like a very exciting option. A latin creative midfielder like we need. Very good dribbler and very fast. I think he could turn this team around if we signed him. 

Aye. Great close control, willing and able to take on defenders through the middle or out wide and has an eye for a pass.

Would be great just in front of Sanchez.