January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Bullshit speculation for jan don't think this is going to happen Sinclair is our main target

This seems more solid than Sinclair in my opinion

Didn't Lambert confirm that he is interested in Sinclair in his press conference today?

I thought another poster had indicated that Lambert had basically said the opposite?

I only heard a bit of the interview on 5 Live but I thought he was saying that it depended on finances, but that could well have been in general rather than Sinclair. Had a look on the BBC site though and it mentions that Lambert said he thinks he's a good player but he wouldn't say anything else while he's at another club.

What Lambert said was "I don't know where you've heard it from but it isn't coming from me" In response to where the rumours of Sinclair had come from.

Just usual stuff then. Doesn't confirm or deny anything really, though people will read too much into it as usual.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

What Lambert said was "I don't know where you've heard it from but it isn't coming from me" In response to where the rumours of Sinclair had come from.

Just usual stuff then. Doesn't confirm or deny anything really, though people will read too much into it as usual.

Yep, Pretty much.

I heard some of it on radio one when they reported Vlaar being out for 6 weeks, then had a clip of Lambert saying he likes Sinclair but its dependent on finances. Says to me he's interested and watch this space, i'd imagine he will be a villa player soon enough.

As for Gil, sounds like an exciting promising player, who can play a bit. Seems again to be a goer due to the origination of the story coming from Spain, and talk of him at Bodymoor today! Happy days.

Looks like Gil is the Plan B from the Canales link at the end of the August transfer window.

Seem another case of a highly rated young Spanish player who hasn't quite kicked on yet.

I'd much rather a move like this tbh. Sometimes with all the money awashed in the premier league and this debate over paying Sinclair 50k a week, we forget most european players even at some top clubs are pretty poorly paid by comparison.

There's been a cash crisis in La Liga for years so I reckon Gil is in the 10-15k a week range so much rather take a chance on him than Sinclair.

I heard some of it on radio one when they reported Vlaar being out for 6 weeks, then had a clip of Lambert saying he likes Sinclair but its dependent on finances. Says to me he's interested and watch this space, i'd imagine he will be a villa player soon enough.

Yeah that must be the clip I heard.

Gil has signed for Villa, according to Wikipedia, lol

Source linked to the Mail speculation piece for today.

Nevertheless, signing for a new club as a professional football player is a complicated business involving agents, players, clubs, owners, etc. Having your Wikipedia page updated by a random smartarse is merely one of the first steps in a very long process :)

• Like 1