January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Expectation of this guy already way too high on here , i believe he has only ever made 8 first team appearances for the valencia team

I know nothing about him so my expectations are pretty much zero, but the 8 appearances for Valencia is because he's been on loan at Elche for two seasons (and made 64 appearances for them)

So it's not like he's been sat in the reserves at Valencia for 2 years.

Well Lambert has done well when spening similar fees on players like Vlaar, Okore, Sanchez and Benteke so that gives me some hope that Gil might turn out half decent even if I've never seen him play myself.

Edited by useless

Telegraph reporting Swansea are interested in Lowton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/11333799/Swansea-prepare-2m-swoop-for-unsettled-Aston-Villa-defender-Matthew-Lowton.html

Swansea City are weighing up a £2 million bid for unsettled Aston Villa defender Matthew Lowton.

Garry Monk, the Swansea manager, is keen to sign a new right-back this month and has targeted either Lowton or Tottenham Hotspur's Kyle Naughton.

But Spurs's asking price of £5million for Naughton means Lowton is emerging as a cheaper alternative and Swansea could make an offer.

Lowton is growing increasingly frustrated over a lack of first-team opportunities at Villa has met manager Paul Lambert to discuss his future.

Lowton frustrated at lack of 1st team football, maybe someone should tell him he is shit.

I don't quitter know how cause I've never bothered to find out but I'm reliably informed that Wiki pages can be changed very easily by anyone.

With that in mind I wouldn't put too much faith into a Wiki page that he or his agent have probably never even seen.  It's more likely to be my Baggie mate taking the P155 with his other Baggie mates or some blue nose thinking he's funny. 

Expectation of this guy already way too high on here , i believe he has only ever made 8 first team appearances for the valencia team

I know nothing about him so my expectations are pretty much zero, but the 8 appearances for Valencia is because he's been on loan at Elche for two seasons (and made 64 appearances for them)

No i accept that , half of them for Elche would have been in division 2 as well , the point i was trying to make is that some people put huge expectation on players after seeing a few clips of them , when in reality i suspect he is pretty much unknown to most of us.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/swansea-city/11333799/Swansea-prepare-2m-swoop-for-unsettled-Aston-Villa-defender-Matthew-Lowton.html

Swansea City are weighing up a £2 million bid for unsettled Aston Villa defender Matthew Lowton.

Garry Monk, the Swansea manager, is keen to sign a new right-back this month and has targeted either Lowton or Tottenham Hotspur's Kyle Naughton.

But Spurs's asking price of £5million for Naughton means Lowton is emerging as a cheaper alternative and Swansea could make an offer.

Lowton is growing increasingly frustrated over a lack of first-team opportunities at Villa has met manager Paul Lambert to discuss his future.

Lowton frustrated at lack of 1st team football, maybe someone should tell him he is shit.

Maybe someone should tell him to get a pair and tell his wife to stop running his career.

He won't be moving to Swansea.

No tell him he's great.

Let him sign for Swansea

Then tell him he's Shite

• Like 1

No i accept that , half of them for Elche would have been in division 2 as well , the point i was trying to make is that some people put huge expectation on players after seeing a few clips of them , when in reality i suspect he is pretty much unknown to most of us.

Yep, I don't disagree with that.

You're original post sounded a bit like the 8 appearances were the only first team appearances he'd ever made.

FWIW, I agree with you. Most of us know next to nothing about this guy so, if he does sign, I'll be judging him by what he does for us.

Let's be honest, if his name was Tim Smith and we were signing him from Derby, there would probably be uproar on here

Edited by Stevo985

I don't think we should be under any illusion here. Gil was well thought of at Valencia when he was younger and i'm sure they still rate him. Its probably just got to the point where he is at an age where to develop further he needs to be playing games and with Valencia flying high they may not want to take a chance on younger players.

Quintero is out of Villa's range. On loan, maybe (and thats a big maybe). If you want someone that plays at the same places that Quintero does, you have Rafa (21) from Braga, Miguel Rosa (25) from Belenenses, André André (25) from Guimaraes, Bernardo Silva (21) on loan from Benfica to Monaco, Andre Martins (24) from Sporting.

As for the Cardozo wage question, i don't know but it should not be higher than N'Zogbia's i guess.

Edited by Mister_Master

Gil has 15 passing and 15 creativity and only 6 strength according to a screen shot of his FM stats from last season.

On that basis, I am not sure.

Need a youtube video to be certain.

They've replaced creativity with vision on the new one haven't they? What's he got for that or do we need his optical records??

The highlights vid of him I saw seemed to show that whilst small, he had a fairly good centre of gravity and wasn't that easy to brush aside.

That's usually the case with small players precisely because they are small.

• Like 1

Gil has 15 passing and 15 creativity and only 6 strength according to a screen shot of his FM stats from last season.

On that basis, I am not sure.

Need a youtube video to be certain.

I'm more concerned about his hidden attributes; his Consistency, Ambition and Pressure could all be vital to us.

I don't think we should be under any illusion here. Gil was well thought of at Valencia when he was younger and i'm sure they still rate him. Its probably just got to the point where he is at an age where to develop further he needs to be playing games and with Valencia flying high they may not want to take a chance on younger players.

Whilst I have my doubts, at the moment at least, about Lambert's abilities overall, when he has been able to spend decent money, in Aston Villa terms, he has done well, so if he wants to buy Gil for that sort of money I would be hopeful that Gil would be a good buy.