January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

€5m is about £4m at todays exchange rate, taking into account that his wages would be a lot less than Sinclair for example, I think this is quite realistic. Maybe I'm just hoping :(

Good time to be buying from the continent - rate's superb.

• Like 1

Superdeporte now confirm the offer and have it as their headline on the website (local reliable Valencia paper)

El Aston Villa ofrece 5 millones por Carles Gil

http://www.superdeporte.es

They go further and say the offer was put in way before Peter Lim arrived and it was accepted but with circumstances changing (What I said about Piatti etc and challenging top 3) means it could change. It's up to the player now. Seems like there is something in this after all.

• Like 1

Superdeporte now confirm the offer and have it as their headline on the website (local reliable Valencia paper)

El Aston Villa ofrece 5 millones por Carles Gil

http://www.superdeporte.es

They go further and say the offer was put in way before Peter Lim arrived and it was accepted but with circumstances changing (What I said about Piatti etc and challenging top 3) means it could change. It's up to the player now. Seems like there is something in this after all.

Last Friday is apparently when we put the offer in according to other reports

James nursery tweeted that he is at bodymore today so we might see something on the mirror website later. He is usually fairly spot on and gets exclusives from the club.

Press conferences are today but hopefully he asks about him, no doubt even if we are in for him, Lambert won't say a word.

Well one person has jumped the bandwagon.

Carles Gil is in Birmingham for talks with Aston Villa. Bid accepted by Valencia! #avfc #valencia #villa #carlesgil

Only has one other tweet which appears correct, that the Cleverley deal was on on deadline day at 10pm where everyone else was reporting it off.

David Cartlidge (@davidjaca on Twitter) from beIN Sports says that the interest is very, very real. He wrote the below on him in 2013:

B61wcIECcAIrpgA.png

What happened then to take it to the point where we're potentially getting him for €5m? Taking with a pinch at this point still of course...

David Cartlidge (@davidjaca on Twitter) from beIN Sports says that the interest is very, very real. He wrote the below on him in 2013:

B61wcIECcAIrpgA.png

What happened then to take it to the point where we're potentially getting him for €5m? Taking with a pinch at this point still of course...

I think because of his lack of first team action perhaps - he was highly rated, now he isn't as highly rated? He'll only have a year left on his contract when we get to the summer as well so I guess his value will just keep falling if he isn't playing.

Those reporting the story are also apparently the "closest" to the actual club.

Whole scenario just reminds me of Sanchez in the summer to be honest.

Edited by samjp26

B61wcIECcAIrpgA.png

a few twitter comments from their game the other night (pre major link to us) suggested that he doesnt get many chances and then doesnt do much with them when he does, others suggested that they try and play him centrally and he's definitely a winger