Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Its three from 6 now. Leicester, Burnley, QPR, Sunderland, Hull and us.

We win on Tuesday we are out of the bottom 3. With Sunderland and Hull playing each other on the same night we can move to with in a point of one of them or to within 2 points of both. Huge incentive. I notice the cup game next week looks like it will get way more home fans than the game on Tuesday. That is back to front. We need every home seat full on Tuesday as a win can be the springboard to see us safe.

For what its worth I thought we played ok today, deserved a point and showed plenty of fight. I still believe we will stay up as quite simply I think we are better than at least 3 sides. In fact we are better than all the other five sides still in the mix.

Now is not the time to throw in the towel as this club means too much to too many people for us to do that and we the fans have a big part to play at the games in ensuring that this club is still in the Premier League come next season. Keep the faith guys and gals we will get out of this and survive.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

We win on Tuesday we are out of the bottom 3. With Sunderland and Hull playing each other on the same night we can move to with in a point of one of them or to within 2 points of both. Huge incentive. I notice the cup game next week looks like it will get way more home fans than the game on Tuesday. That is back to front. We need every home seat full on Tuesday as a win can be the springboard to see us safe.

For what its worth I thought we played ok today, deserved a point and showed plenty of fight. I still believe we will stay up as quite simply I think we are better than at least 3 sides. In fact we are better than all the other five sides still in the mix.

Now is not the time to throw the towel as this club means too much to too many people for us to do that and we the fans have a big part to play at the games in ensuring that this club is still in the Premier League come next season. Keep the faith guys and gals we will get out of this and survive.

Well said, especially regarding Tuesday night. Biggest game in a long long time.

Words out of my mouth Powell....I was about to post the exact same thing....we are simple done at premier league level.

We hardly have any injuries, we do actually have some good players out there but all season they haven't had a clue how to score goals and the change of manager simply looks cosmetic.

6 wins....we probably won't even score 6 goals in this run in.

If we go (which is likely) we won't be back for years IMO. The thought of our "young and hungry" players in championship sends shivers down my spine, we'd be ripped to shreds.

Given

Hutton Clark Baker lowton

JG  westwood Gardner Sinclair

Robinson  kozak

Good god I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

I think the most frustrating thing about us getting relegated this year is that it could have been completely avoidable. Instead of backing Lambert and letting WBA get Pullis we should have got him in. He would have jumped at the chance to manage us, I think he could do good things with our squad too.

We didn't need someone with a long term vision, we needed results. Oh well, it's Lerner's money not mine I guess. 

• Like 1

Now is not the time to throw in the towel as this club means too much to too many people for us to do that and we the fans have a big part to play at the games in ensuring that this club is still in the Premier League come next season. Keep the faith guys and gals we will get out of this and survive.

I agree that tuesday is a huge game but I don't agree that there is worse teams than us we are without a doubt the worst team in the league our form is beyond bad.

• Like 1

We can still stay up, Tuesday is a massive game.

It's akin to the West Ham home game in Lambert's first season. If we can scrape a win then it may spark some sort of revival. If not, then probably done and dusted.

• Like 1

All down to Benteke if he'd have came back v.1 Lambert would have still had a job and we'd be mid table. v.2 is a bad imitation and is going to send us down.

I'm not putting the blame on Benteke but whether it but the injury or fitness he's a shadow of the player he was. 

We can still stay up, Tuesday is a massive game.

It's akin to the West Ham home game in Lambert's first season. If we can scrape a win then it may spark some sort of revival. If not, then probably done and dusted.

I'm hoping WBA winning today will play into our hands a little bit, but we'll see about that. I'm sure Pulis will be trying to convince his players that they're not save yet.

I think the most frustrating thing about us getting relegated this year is that it could have been completely avoidable. Instead of backing Lambert and letting WBA get Pullis we should have got him in. He would have jumped at the chance to manage us, I think he could do good things with our squad too.

We didn't need someone with a long term vision, we needed results. Oh well, it's Lerner's money not mine I guess. 

Thats precisley what galls me - it was so damm obvious - appoint a bloke for where we are now - not this 'Football Ethos' - we keep hearing about

All down to Benteke if he'd have came back v.1 Lambert would have still had a job and we'd be mid table. v.2 is a bad imitation and is going to send us down.

I'm not putting the blame on Benteke but whether it but the injury or fitness he's a shadow of the player he was. 

I actually think the slow possession game ruined Benteke 

Our performances have improved in the last two games and even with losses we are still not cut a drift. Every game we lose becomes closer to being the one that puts us down, but until we are mathematically down I will cling onto hope. 

However I think if we lose to West Brom it will be completely unrecoverable, the last few games have been cant lose but we have, Tuesday is a must win and anything but and we are down.