Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Just for the record, it ISN'T in our hands anymore.

Should Sunderland and Leicester win their games in hand, we could win all our games and still get relegated I believe. I know some teams play each other but I think that still doesn't give us a helping hand.

Largely still up to us, but not entirely and Everton feels like the most crucial game now. Lose that and we're down I think.

Sunderland and Leicester play each other penultimate game so it still is in our hands.

Nothing has changed

If we take care our own business we will stay up

Our destiny is still in our hands

Wrong. If Sunderland and Leicester win and draw their games in hand respectively, we have to match every result in some way as they will both be ahead of them. It is out of our own hands in that respect. If Leicester lose tomorrow then we just after match or better Leicester's last 3 games. I will feel better if Chelsea batter them tomorrow night.

If Benteke stays fit we will be fine, I can see him scoring another 3 or 4 goals with the form he is in.  Need reliability at the back so have to drop Richardson and play Cissokho and debatable wether to drop Bacuna if Hutton is fit because Bacuna offers so uch in attack but can be dodgy in defence at times. 

I really think we are for it this season.  I don't see us beating Everton - and think the pressure will get to us from then onwards. Hope I'm wrong - but I've had a bad feeling about us since Swansea at home

im sure you said same about Spurs and Sunderland and West Brom and every other game we have played

So I take it you think we will beat Everton ?

Can't belive Hull have gone above us , Palace and Liverpool both complete shit against them,

Just proves no point doing prediction's coz results this time of the season all over the place. 

• Like 1

Liverpool have lost 2 of their last 15 games to Arsenal and United(granted they were back to back)

How has this myth that they are out of form come around

In all competitions, they've won 2 out of their last 6 (Blackburn and Newcastle) and are currently losing to Hull.

Not exactly top form...

...now 2 in 7.

Just for the record, it ISN'T in our hands anymore.

Should Sunderland and Leicester win their games in hand, we could win all our games and still get relegated I believe. I know some teams play each other but I think that still doesn't give us a helping hand.

Largely still up to us, but not entirely and Everton feels like the most crucial game now. Lose that and we're down I think.

Actually, it is in our hands because Leicester and Sunderland play each other.

Who still thinks 3 or 4 points will be enough, no issues? lol

I stll think 4 would be enough. Im just not confident of us getting them

It's not like we've been on some winless run though, we won away at Spurs two and a bit weeks ago.

Just don't understand how we can win at Spurs, win a cup semi against Liverpool, lose narrowly to Man. City away and yet people are barely awarding us a point for the final 4 games.

Just as an interesting point we've got Everton home and Southampton away in 2/3 next games. Sunderland's next two are Southampton home and Everton away. So in well known VT logic we'll be lucky to scrape a point from those two and Sunderland are well on course to get the full six. Smertov if you think our CBs are shambolic have a look at O'Shea's performances in the 4 goal defeats to us and Palace.

Our last 4 prem games were Citeh, Spurs, QPR and Man U - which yielded 4 points - no wonder we feel like we've been stuck in quicksand while everyone catches up. We'll do better from our next 4.

• Like 1

I really think we are for it this season.  I don't see us beating Everton - and think the pressure will get to us from then onwards. Hope I'm wrong - but I've had a bad feeling about us since Swansea at home

im sure you said same about Spurs and Sunderland and West Brom and every other game we have played

So I take it you think we will beat Everton ?

I dont think I said that at all

Newcastle are "in it", but I think they're safe.  Can't really imagine a team losing 12 straight Premier League games.

Edit:  Incidentally, their last win was against us :D

Edited by bobzy

Fail to beat QPR at home...

Then beat Spuds away, it ain't all doom and gloom. Deserved something from the City game as well, keep playing as we are and we'll stay up imo.

Most of our remaining games are at home. We can't play at home, we have shown that time and time again.

Under Lambert yes. Sherwood's had what? 4 games at home from memory. He's bucked the trend set under Lambert in terms of our play style so why wouldn't home form follow suit?

It is in our own hands. We win all our games we have 44 points. Sunderland and Leicester play each other. If Sunderland win that game they can get to 45 points but Leicester can only get to 43. If Leicester win they can get to 46 but Sunderland can only get to 42. If its a draw then Sunderland can get to 43 and Leicester 44.

I am still extremely confident we will stay up.