Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Leicester was doomed, Hull had the toughest run in. One by one they play themselves out of it and now it's down to Sunderland (who have very much winnable Saints at home game on Saturday) remaining shit.

winnable Saints that are 1 point off a European spot and smashed them 8-0 in previous meeting
Yeah but they aren't playing like they did earlier. They've won just 3 of last 10, and lost 4: stoke, Everton, west brom, Liverpool. And their last away win was QPR beginning of February. Not sure they're even favourites.

Edit: okay, they are still favourites.

Wouldn't be surprised if Southampton gave Sunderland another thrashing. They have pace something which Sunderland can't deal with at home as shown by us and Palace. The likes of Mane, Elia, Clyne and Long are all very quick

It's an awful result and Liverpool are words removed but we're still in a better position than the teams below us. A win on Saturday would be a huge boost.

So now it's a dog fight between us and Sunderland for that last spot ?

Saying that I think hull only have one more winnable game so we ain't down yet but I think Burnley at home is going to be one mighty tense afternoon

No - Hull are still in it, as are Leicester.

Edited by Mantis

This is ridiculous. Playing better football each week but getting dragged closer and closer.

I still firmly believe it's in our hands though. If it comes to the final day, Burnley will probably be down already by then and we'll have as good a shot at 3 points as we'll ever get. Before then we have Everton, West Ham and Southampton- all winnable in our current form.

Is this the closest we've been over the last few years? I remember that Bolton game but there were a few games left then weren't there? I can't cope

It was sketchy in 2012/2013 when we couldn't shake off Wigan until almost the final week. This is probably worse though.

Is this the closest we've been over the last few years? I remember that Bolton game but there were a few games left then weren't there? I can't cope

3 home wins all season - and very short at centre back - 2 big problems for me. 

Fail to beat QPR at home...

Then beat Spuds away, it ain't all doom and gloom. Deserved something from the City game as well, keep playing as we are and we'll stay up imo.

Most of our remaining games are at home. We can't play at home, we have shown that time and time again. 

Just for the record, it ISN'T in our hands anymore.

Should Sunderland and Leicester win their games in hand, we could win all our games and still get relegated I believe. I know some teams play each other but I think that still doesn't give us a helping hand.

Largely still up to us, but not entirely and Everton feels like the most crucial game now. Lose that and we're down I think.

• Like 1

I really think we are for it this season.  I don't see us beating Everton - and think the pressure will get to us from then onwards. Hope I'm wrong - but I've had a bad feeling about us since Swansea at home

im sure you said same about Spurs and Sunderland and West Brom and every other game we have played

• Like 1

34 games played in 2012/13 and we were 17th, two points above Wigan, with a sizeable gap above us- so arguably worse off.

This page is really useful for this sort of thing-

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2012-2013&timelineView=played&matchNo=34&tableView=CURRENT_STANDINGS