Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I can see us getting at least 4 points but I can also see Leicester getting 5 and Sunderland 6.

Sunderland getting 6? They've got Southampton, Everton, Leicester, arsenal and Chelsea to play

If their points are coming vs Southampton and Everton then seeing as we are playing better than them then surely we can pick up points vs them too?

Also wave Leicester goodbye, they'll probably finish clear of us, they've got Sunderland, Newcastle and QPR to play, forget them, if anything hope they win all their games

Sunderland are the ones for me, got to finish above them

Edited by villa4europe

I really think we are for it this season.  I don't see us beating Everton - and think the pressure will get to us from then onwards. Hope I'm wrong - but I've had a bad feeling about us since Swansea at home

im sure you said same about Spurs and Sunderland and West Brom and every other game we have played

So I take it you think we will beat Everton ?

I dont think I said that at all

No I am asking you ....do you think we will beat Everton ?

It is in our own hands. We win all our games we have 44 points. Sunderland and Leicester play each other. If Sunderland win that game they can get to 45 points but Leicester can only get to 43. If Leicester win they can get to 46 but Sunderland can only get to 42. If its a draw then Sunderland can get to 43 and Leicester 44.

I am still extremely confident we will stay up.

No chance in hell will we get 44 points.

He wasn't saying we would, just laying out what each of the teams can get if they win all their games (which is obviously highly unlikely).

It is in our own hands. We win all our games we have 44 points. Sunderland and Leicester play each other. If Sunderland win that game they can get to 45 points but Leicester can only get to 43. If Leicester win they can get to 46 but Sunderland can only get to 42. If its a draw then Sunderland can get to 43 and Leicester 44.

Also no chance Sunderland will get 45 points

I can see us getting at least 4 points but I can also see Leicester getting 5 and Sunderland 6.

thats grand as SUnderland will need 7

we have better goal difference

They are -23, we -22. If they get 6 pts and we 4 they may overtake us in goal difference too.

It is nothing like Wigan as they played the FA Cup match before the season finished, and had mid-week games sandwiched in between the final and season finale. The FA Cup is not an excuse for us being relegated.

• Like 1

I really think we are for it this season.  I don't see us beating Everton - and think the pressure will get to us from then onwards. Hope I'm wrong - but I've had a bad feeling about us since Swansea at home

im sure you said same about Spurs and Sunderland and West Brom and every other game we have played

maybe but my point was you come on before every game and predict a loss

The loss to Newcastle was a crime

But the dropped points in closing minutes against Stoke, Swansea & Man City have us in this position. You'd think the lesson would have been learned by now but its all about Saturday now, such a huge game and a really difficult one. Im just praying we can continue our good form because that period before we turned the screw at City (first 15 mins), we were like the Villa under Lambert, scared and clueless. If that Villa turn up we're doomed. Need to start the game well and go for it which im sure we will as we have done most games under TS (minus redmanc game)

I think the difference this season is that with 34 games gone - the title and CL places are pretty much decided. I think if Liverpool had needed points to cement a CL place tonight we would have seen a different performance.

I love how people are saying Newcastle are in this - they are on 35 points.... It will be a miracle if make it to 35 points ourselves!!

You think it will be a miracle if we win another game?

Hmmmm... Yea. I honestly don't think we will win another game. Well draw 2, lose the others.

So you think it'll be a miracle if we beat West Ham? Jesus christ

For the record I don't see us beating Everton, said on pre match thread it will be 2-2.

Point isn't a disaster as would need Sunderland to win to go above us before they hit their away game run.

As I've said we need shooting if we can't get 4 points off West Ham and Burnley, pressure or not pressure.

Not sure on Southampton away, depends what mood they're in and if they've qualified for europe or not. If they have might be another Spurs away type game and we could play out a draw. We did win down there last season when they were having a good season as lucky as it was.

They are -23, we -22. If they get 6 pts and we 4 they may overtake us in goal difference too.

they have 5 goals in 10 games. Cant see them outscoring us in the last few games

There is more chance of us getting to 44 points than there is of Sunderland, Leicester or Hull.

I can't get my head around this negative throw in the towel defeatist bollocks some are posting. All the other sides are going to pick up points bar us it seems. Not a chance for me. I suggest we all to man ( and woman ) do what the manager and players have been doing and roll up our sleeves and get behind the players preferably in person and if not in spirit.

Edited by markavfc40

I just can't see Sunderland having a massive turn around all of a sudden

Granted Leicester have put a run together but they have actually played well in spells all season but been unfortunate to get 3 points out of games.

Sunderland have been shite all season and are getting thrashed by any side with any amount of pace plus their best player has a court case hanging over his head

I can see why Sunderland fans on their forums are genuinely frightened and saying they are doomed 

What i don't get is Villa fans fearing relegation of course were down there and its possible for us to get relegated but out of all the teams down the bottom we have been playing the best football and against quality opposition as well

We have simply not been getting the rub of the green we were robbed against Man City

If we do go down i will be shocked 

Edited by AshVilla

They'll get hammered at Arsenal imo...3-0 job and possibilty at Everton given the form they're in so not sure a 1-0 win for Sunderland in a game will do much for the GD.

Our GD really shouldn't be taking a battering with what we have left. If we have to lose it should only be by 1 goal like at City.

I think the difference this season is that with 34 games gone - the title and CL places are pretty much decided. I think if Liverpool had needed points to cement a CL place tonight we would have seen a different performance.

They did.

• Like 1