Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

So we aren't going to beat Everton, West Ham or Burnley at home but the others around us are going to beat teams in the top 4?

We could and should win our next 2 games and end the agony

I really don't see us beating Everton.

Weve only managed 3 home wins all season - we should get one more - but the last day is likley to be a hurly burly lottery - where anything could happen - for example we could have even more injuries than we do now....

So we aren't going to beat Everton, West Ham or Burnley at home but the others around us are going to beat teams in the top 4?

Weve only managed 3 home wins all season - we should get one more - but the last day is likley to be a hurly burly lottery - where anything could happen - for example we could have even more injuries than we do now....

Or we could have more players back to fitness and more options

Depends if your glass is half empty or half full i guess

Only worried if Sunderland start winning.

I don't see them winning another game this season looking at what they have left.

Smetrov would you prefer the Lambert performances in attempting to survive relegation.

We conceded 1 goal in 180 minutes v Spurs and Liverpool so the defence is hardly a joke, just terrible indvidual errors like Guzan.

It doesn't matter what I prefer - being better than Lambert isn't going to be enough.

We need to maintain our goals for - but seriously tighten up at the back - Okore at CB worries me - not that we have much alternative - what concerns me is the best defence we are able to muster might not be good enough. 

We have played 11 games under Sherwood now and only conceded 2 or more goals in four of them. I think you're getting a bit carried away because we conceded 6 goals in the two Manchester trips which we do every single season if not more. QPR, yeah that was far and away our worst defensive performance with Sherwood so I won't argue that one.

We do keep a clean sheet now and again though, away to Sunderland, home to WBA in the cup, away to Spurs so forgive me if I don't subscribe to the view we're conceding 2 or 3s at home to West Ham and Burnley, both of whom seem to have given up scoring for the season.

Or we could have more players back to fitness and more options

Depends if your glass is half empty or half full i guess

The only player to feasibly come back is Hutton.

We are very short at CB and Vlaar doesn't have a great injury record.  - Okore seems to struggle with the physical aspect of the premier league

Okore gels better with Clark for whatever reason. I thought him and Vlaar would be a really good combo but appears not. If Vlaar is still living then you'd probably see a fair bit of Okore-Clark next season along with another CB in the mix.

Okore gels better with Clark for whatever reason. I thought him and Vlaar would be a really good combo but appears not. If Vlaar is still living then you'd probably see a fair bit of Okore-Clark next season along with another CB in the mix.

I think Okore will leave.

Can I ask if Villa and Sunderland finish the season on the same points and goal difference, then what decides who goes down. Is it head to head if so we'd stay up right?

Goals scored

Can I ask if Villa and Sunderland finish the season on the same points and goal difference, then what decides who goes down. Is it head to head if so we'd stay up right?

Goals scored

He won't.

I never heard Vlaar had any life threatening condition, i hope hes going to be ok :(

• Like 2

People need to stop predicting what results will be. It's completely pointless. We couldnt have predicted Leicester winning 4 straight and us beating Spurs and nearly beating Man City. Let's take each game as it comes and each rivals game as it comes. We will know a lot more on Saturday night and where we are at.

the same Okore for months you claimed was a liability  :lol:

I'm not sure about this. It really is impossible to predict which team is going to win or lose.

No room for error and I would hardly say the next 2 fixtures are odds on wins.

Yes we are playing better football and yes I am delighted to have Sherwood over Lambert but I feel it may have come a little late.

Fingers crossed.

Leicester was doomed, Hull had the toughest run in. One by one they play themselves out of it and now it's down to Sunderland (who have very much winnable Saints at home game on Saturday) remaining shit.

Leicester was doomed, Hull had the toughest run in. One by one they play themselves out of it and now it's down to Sunderland (who have very much winnable Saints at home game on Saturday) remaining shit.

Yep thats what I see happening  

'our list of allies grows ever thinner' 

winnable Saints that are 1 point off a European spot and smashed them 8-0 in previous meeting