Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Sherwood's win percentage in the league is 30% I believe.

9 played, 3 won, 1 drawn, 5 lost.

10 points from the 27 available have been taken which equates to 37% of the points on offer.

If that's the case, and baring in mind the standard of opposition faced during his time here and the standard of opposition we are yet to face, you would imagine that the trend would hopefully continue seeing us with at least 4 points from the remaining 12 available.

If only football was that easy.....

I would think thats a reasonable projection. However if all goes to the last day, then those projections go out of the window - anything can happen on the last day .....thats why we need 4pt before that day....

• Like 1

Sunderland's home form last three - LWL (conceded 8 scored 2)

Sunderland's away form last three - DLD (conceded 3 scored 2)

Next home games - Saints & Leicester

Next away games - Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea

That's the top four in the current form table for them to play plus Saints. I cannot see how we will do three points worse than them (cos of goal dif). 

• Like 1

QPR: 89.6%

Burnley: 89.5% vv

Sunderland: 63.1% vv

Villa: 21.6% v

Hull: 20.0% ^^^

Leicester: 15.5% ^

Newcastle: 0.7%

QPR: 86.5%

Burnley: 73.6% vv

Hull: 49.5%

Sunderland: 48.9% v

Leicester: 28.6% ^^^

Villa: 12.6%

Newcastle: 0.2%

WBA: 0.1%

Edited by leviramsey
  • Like 1

I'm not entirely sure how this works but are Hull less likely than us to go down based on them having a game in hand?

I'm not entirely sure how this works but are Hull less likely than us to go down based on them having a game in hand?

That game in hand is against an out of form Liverpool

We also have to play an in form Everton and have won 3 home games all season. - The possibility of Hull beating Liverpool and us not beating Everton is quite high IMO.

• Like 1

I would suspect that's the case. All Hull needs over 5 games is 1 point more than our 4 game haul (an 8 goal swing is highly unlikely).

Yes, but when they lose tonight that will change. It will kick them right back into misery.......... :-)

• Like 1

I can see hull winning tonight. They were much better than palace on the weekend and despite losing to Southampton the previous week they created plenty and were unlucky to lose. Liverpool have gone to shit and don't appear to have much fight in them.

I can see hull winning tonight. They were much better than palace on the weekend and despite losing to Southampton the previous week they created plenty and were unlucky to lose. Liverpool have gone to shit and don't appear to have much fight in them.

I still think Liverpool won't have completely given up hope on top 4. It is now unlikely, however, they will look at their next two Hull (a) Qpr (h) and should they win them 2 they'll be 1 behind Man Utd (albeit they'll have played 1 more) but it would make Man Utd a little more nervy. 

Yeah i expect Hull to get at least a point and go above us tonight. Will be interesting tomorrow too, but expect Chelsea to sneak it 1-0. When we play as well as we have been lately, I can just sense Everton rocking up on Saturday and doing us. West Ham and Burnley are the two games we simply have to win imo

Hull have to get something tonight in my opinion because their run in isn't getting easier and you would imagine their momentum will be lost.

If they do, we only need 3 more points. Again, my opinion.

Edit - for some reason I had Hull 2 points behind us. Make that "we need 5 more points if they lose tonight"

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Hull have to get something tonight in my opinion because their run in isn't getting easier and you would imagine their momentum will be lost.

If they do, we only need 3 more points. Again, my opinion.

35 points and staying up will involve insane amounts of pant shitting. Hope 3 points will be enough but I think we might need more than 4...