Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

As we were getting in the car last night to drop my girlfriend home, a young guy ran past the house, in the middle of the road, wearing very skimpy pink and gold swim shorts, and nothing else. He was still running in the middle of the road when we pulled off the drive and turned off the main road.

I'd love to know what was going on there. I was thinking prank/dare, girlfriend went with the jokey 'running from parent/boyfriend'. But thinking on it now as he went past us he seemed very agitated so I guess it could be something darker. Either way, **** bizarre.

Some people do strange things for whatever reason.I was comming home from a Perth Glory game,on a saturday night a few years ago and a guy wearing only underpants was on this very crowded train.I thought Bucks party.No one took any special notice of him.Its as if going to the city on a saturday night in your underpants is the normal thing.  

On 10/09/2023 at 18:40, mjmooney said:

They were just sloppy. Long waits for service (and it wasn't busy), bringing the wrong things, not clearing tables, etc. And then the same again at breakfast (I wasn't impressed by their F.E.B., either). 

I went here for a mildly celebratory meal tonight. I don't mind saying the service was appalling. Maybe it has slipped. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Purchased some work shirts online... only cheap ones, for the days where I have no meetings. One of the reviews online.

"Look really nice. Haven't arrived yet but sure they will be fine. Five stars"

Cheers for that, Mystic Meg!

Why are people leaving reviews like that?!

For weird reasons I was looking at reviews of a car park yesterday.

The last review left was: ‘absolute joke’ and an angry emoji

Nothing else, that was it. Angry enough to bother reviewing a car park, not literate enough to give any clues as to why.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

For weird reasons I was looking at reviews of a car park yesterday.

The last review left was: ‘absolute joke’ and an angry emoji

Nothing else, that was it. Angry enough to bother reviewing a car park, not literate enough to give any clues as to why.

Bicks does that a lot to try and ensure more taxi journeys.  Just ignore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Xela said:

Because most companies get you to review their product online before you've actually received them. Order something... rate us appears before you've managed to leave the webpage.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Because most companies get you to review their product online before you've actually received them. Order something... rate us appears before you've managed to leave the webpage.

It was more of a rhetorical question :)

Even still, you don't need to review it. Just skip it,  especially if you haven't received it. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Purchased some work shirts online... only cheap ones, for the days where I have no meetings. One of the reviews online.

"Look really nice. Haven't arrived yet but sure they will be fine. Five stars"

Cheers for that, Mystic Meg!

That's how you end up with a Thai Bride with a dick FFS. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Xela said:

Prompted by a discussion on another thread...

Zero/low alcohol beer. 

I'd rather have a coke or J20

That's because you haven't tried 0% Guinness. Coke I'll drink, but J20 tastes like soap to me. Haven't tried any of the other no alcohol beers, mind. 

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Prompted by a discussion on another thread...

Zero/low alcohol beer. 

I'd rather have a coke or J20

wdym, zero/low alcohol beer has gotten so much better over the past few years due to improvements and affordability in brewing tech. Many actually taste pretty decent these days.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

On a similar note... Decaf coffee or tea.  Just why?

I might have about one a year at most so I'm not particularly defensive about the question, but I guess if you want a hot drink but still want to sleep there's not much else is there?

Fruit tea on the sweet side, cup of gravy/pint of bovril/baked bean juice/cup-a-soup on the savoury side. Warm milk? Fresh piss?

Edited by fightoffyour

I wanted a coffee last night but as we are out of decaf that didnt happen. I dont touch tea or coffee after around 3pm if I want to sleep that night. My wife can have one at any time and sleeps, not me, I will lie awake wondering if my wallet meets @Stevo985s requirements (it does)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â