Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

you've got morning sickness...its definitely a boy

you've got a sore back...its definitely a girl

your left tit is more swollen that your right tit....its definitely a girl

its all a load of guff, the guessing is bad enough, the "i knew it" shite when its a 50/50 guess is even worse

i found out for both of mine (no reveal party though, no baby shower either but that was more corona and them still not being that popular in Germany but they are coming) mainly for financial reasons, my daughter was 10 weeks premature but we were still ready, everything had been bought apart from obviously doll sized clothes that she then needed (and we kept a few of them, its insane, her toy doll now is literally wearing a tshirt my daughter wore when she was 2 months old)

They think they're Nostradamus 

image.png.d4a718500a596fc577b54ff1272853b3.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luckyeddie said:

Maradona was so good at it because he had size 5 feet. When you have large feet it becomes more difficult. I was alway scuffing the ball with my flippers😂

But yeah, I agree. A professional footballer should be able to use the inside and outside of both feet without some dipshit commentator spaffing themselves.

My size 14 clown feet have never had an issue with it 🤣

I was thinking, perhaps, it's something to do with commentators never having played football regularly enough growing up, even at street level. The pros they have with them lose their minds too, though... 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The messi one the other week was absolutely **** insane though

It was no Callum Chambers outside of the foot pass against Southampton though!

• Like 1

On 05/09/2023 at 17:50, Xela said:

What about 'Live, Laugh, Love"  stencilled on a wall in silver?

On 05/09/2023 at 18:00, chrisp65 said:

Yep, that’s under ‘type’ along with ‘You don’t have to be mad to live here’, or ‘dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off’.

I have to confess I did once hesitate to think about buying one of those signs for our downstairs toilet saying "What if The Hokey Kokey really is what it's all about?" 

Fortunately I came to my senses 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thats deffo something I don't get

Quite an old fashioned thing I think. I guess to keep the feet warm. What I do not get is the woolly seat cover. Now that's just looking for trouble.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, BOF said:

Quite an old fashioned thing I think. I guess to keep the feet warm. What I do not get is the woolly seat cover. Now that's just looking for trouble.

Was there also a crocheted poodle toilet roll cover? 

4 hours ago, BOF said:

What I do not get is the woolly seat cover. Now that's just looking for trouble.

Christ those things are awful. 

Hygiene aside they always meant it was impossible to keep the toilet lid up. 

Definitely the first sign of madness wanting one of those. 

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

House I moved into recently had carpet in one of the bathrooms.

**** rank

We have carpet in all the bathrooms and toilet 

long as you can aim straight it’s not a problem and it’s much softer and warmer under your feet for when you walk around the house barefooted … I’m too cool to wear sandals / crocs / slippers at home 

58 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

long as you can aim straight it’s not a problem and it’s much softer and warmer under your feet for when you walk around the house barefooted … I’m too cool to wear sandals / crocs / slippers at home 

Sounds **** disgusting 

My parents house when they bought it had full thick pile carpet in the bathroom and the previous owners had also built steps round the bath with said carpet covering those to so it was virtually level with the top of the bath. 

As you can imagine it was badly marked pretty much permanently sopping wet. God knows what they were thinking. 

I think it was the norm to have carpet in the bathrooms wasn’t it? We did in all the house(s) I grew up in I think. Obviously wouldn’t choose it now and haven’t lived in a house with a carpeted bathroom for yonks.

I vaguely recall a kitchen of one of the houses being carpeted too, but it wasn’t typical carpet, really thin. Not sure how to describe it. Almost like a carpet laminate floor.

It’s been years since I lived in a house with a carpeted hallway come to think of it.

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm too cool to aim straight, so it's vinyl flooring and slippers all the way.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Get under tile heating. We have it in the bathroom and it’s f’kin marvellous

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Get under tile heating. We have it in the bathroom and it’s f’kin marvellous

All that expense when you can just buy £5 footwear like slippers or flip flops that means your feet don’t get cold and saves thousands.  It’s like that old joke story that Americans spent millions developing a pen that could work in space, the Russians took a pencil. Sometimes the simple thing does almost the same thing as the expensive thing.

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

All that expense when you can just buy £5 footwear like slippers or flip flops that means your feet don’t get cold and saves thousands.  It’s like that old joke story that Americans spent millions developing a pen that could work in space, the Russians took a pencil. Sometimes the simple thing does almost the same thing as the expensive thing.

Slippers don't replace your radiators and fireplaces well though to be fair. Kinda restricted to feet.

• Haha 1

Â