Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

I don't get why people tend to follow the same themes in tattoos. I don't get tattoos, generally, sadly, but what I really don't get is conformism in tattoos. I mean, if you're getting a tattoo because you want to look a little different than you do, why would you want to look like other people in terms of the choice of tattoo? Why do we tend to see the same ones over and over? Once in a while I see one that seems really clever and fresh or original but almost never. Years ago, I saw a bright-coloured and very small PacMan-themed tattoo that seemed unusual to me at the time (maybe not today?), but it was sort an "exception that makes the rule." 

Cliche-Tattoos.jpg

34 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I don't get why I've read post after post about Oasis and liking lyrics etc 

The music thread's over that way.

You can’t always get what you want, as the Rolling Stones sang

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I would just roll with it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Don't look back in anger. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Couldn't agree more Suuuuunshiiiiinnneee. 

Grown men in Baseball caps. Particularly worn back to front (especially in warm countries) where all you are doing is making your head even hotter than it is already, whilst looking like a 15 year old BMX fanatic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Grown men in Baseball caps. Particularly worn back to front (especially in warm countries) where all you are doing is making your head even hotter than it is already, whilst looking like a 15 year old BMX fanatic.

Grabbed a pub lunch yesterday and some prat walked in wearing one (backwards of course). Was probably mid-40s and also had on a purple sleeveless basketball top and flip flops.

I'll very occasionally wear a cap whilst on holiday to keep the sun out of my eyes, when the sunglasses aren't managing to do so.

Edited by Rds1983

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Grown men in Baseball caps. Particularly worn back to front (especially in warm countries) where all you are doing is making your head even hotter than it is already, whilst looking like a 15 year old BMX fanatic

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

What about golf baseball caps? Those are OK, right? And what about middle aged men who are also skater dudes? I suppose they get a special dispensation, right?

l10iz5fj03b31.webp

I secretly admire adults wearing baseball caps backwards.

I wish I could pull it off.

I'm gorgeous, and I've done it on very rare occasions, but I do feel like a melon.

It's cool, bro!

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I do it to stop my neck getting sunburnt. I'll adjust the position of the hat according to where the sun is. I also wear a great bug floppy bucket hat when it's really bright. As anyone who has seen me will wearing either would assure you, it's definitely nothing to do with style or fashion. 

10 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Grabbed a pub lunch yesterday and some prat walked in wearing one (backwards of course). Was probably mid-40s and also had on a purple sleeveless basketball top and flip flops.

I'll very occasionally wear a cap whilst on holiday to keep the sun out of my eyes, when the sunglasses aren't managing to do so.

The basketball top is the riskier wardrobe choice there. Not an easy thing to pull off without looking a bit of a plum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

The basketball top is the riskier wardrobe choice there. Not an easy thing to pull off without looking a bit of a plum.

Was clearly trying to dress to impress the lady he was with, who was early to mid 30s. 

13 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

There's a few days a year when I'm popping out somewhere or got something quick to do and I'm not doing my hair so the cap is going on

I'm taking the kids swimming now, hats going on

They serve a purpose

Down the pub is a no no though, I'll make an effort for that

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's a few days a year when I'm popping out somewhere or got something quick to do and I'm not doing my hair so the cap is going on

I'm taking the kids swimming now, hats going on

They serve a purpose

Down the pub is a no no though, I'll make an effort for that

Doing your hair? What is this?

• Haha 3

Â