Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

There's a few days a year when I'm popping out somewhere or got something quick to do and I'm not doing my hair so the cap is going on

I'm taking the kids swimming now, hats going on

They serve a purpose

Down the pub is a no no though, I'll make an effort for that

If you're daytime drinking in a pub garden in a heatwave I'd say it's acceptable to wear one.  Indoors then you look like a chav whatever the circumstances.

17 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Grabbed a pub lunch yesterday and some prat walked in wearing one (backwards of course). Was probably mid-40s and also had on a purple sleeveless basketball top and flip flops.

I’d find the flip flops (in an urban setting) far more offensive

17 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Grown men in Baseball caps. Particularly worn back to front (especially in warm countries) where all you are doing is making your head even hotter than it is already, whilst looking like a 15 year old BMX fanatic.

I wear baseball caps. 

I’m bald and pale as a newborn fish. If I don’t cover my head I’ll be burnt to a crisp. 

Even when I’ve got 50+ SPF on I can still burn. 

So the cap gets the nod from me. And yes I sometimes wear them backwards because I’m cool as ****

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wear baseball caps. 

I’m bald and pale as a newborn fish. If I don’t cover my head I’ll be burnt to a crisp. 

Even when I’ve got 50+ SPF on I can still burn. 

So the cap gets the nod from me. And yes I sometimes wear them backwards because I’m cool as ****

Wearing a baseball cap backwards stops you getting burnt but forwards doesnt? Ok.

People wear them in bars, no chance of getting sunburnt either at night or inside a bar. 

Edited by GlobalVillan

I've recently started wearing baseball caps outdoors. Absolute game changer in the heat and you don't have to **** about with your hair, put sun screen on your forehead, arse around with sunglasses (which I break or lose every summer)

1 hour ago, bickster said:

There’s different types of baseball cap.

This type is wrong on every level

IMG_0098.webp

Yeha I've only got one cap and it's a new era 39thirty so like a sized cap with no adjustable strap and to be fair it's really comfortable, the plastic strap on thr back of 99% of caps is a big no no for me, for whatever reason I don't like them

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I've recently started wearing baseball caps outdoors. Absolute game changer in the heat and you don't have to **** about with your hair, put sun screen on your forehead, arse around with sunglasses (which I break or lose every summer)

Your forehead is going to get just as burnt wearing a baseball cap back to front as it will do not wearing one.

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Wearing a baseball cap backwards stops you getting burnt but forwards doesnt? Ok.

Wearing it forwards doesn’t stop my neck getting burnt, no. 

Also it looks good. Fashion is a thing

• Haha 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Wearing it forwards doesn’t stop my neck getting burnt, no. 

Also it looks good. Fashion is a thing

Fashion is definitely a thing yes.

Wearing a baseball cap (even moreso backwards) isn't fashionable, and especially if you are over 15.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Fashion is definitely a thing yes.

Wearing a baseball cap (even moreso backwards) isn't fashionable, and especially if you are over 15.

I mean it is but each to their own

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I mean it is but each to their own

Yes each to their own indeed.

But for me, it's probably the cheapest and chavviest look possible and there is a reason lots of places ban entry wearing them. 

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Yes each to their own indeed.

But for me, it's probably the cheapest and chavviest look possible and there is a reason lots of places ban entry wearing them. 

Cool. Everyone has their own tastes. 

But to say they’re not fashionable in 2023 is demonstrably false

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Cool. Everyone has their own tastes. 

But to say they’re not fashionable in 2023 is demonstrably false

So you wear them because other people do? Because that's what doing something because it's fashionable would indicate. That's all fashion means.

People wear tracksuits as well in 2023 and they also look chavvy. Unless for sport purposes of course.

46 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

From my own experience of the fashions, I went to a gig yesterday evening.

The band were in their early twenties, 3 of the 4 were wearing baseball cap types hats. People in the crowd were also wearing them.

Whether something is ‘fashionable’ is a gloriously pointless debate these days because more than ever before we are more free to wear what we like and not stuck with the tyranny of needing to conform. Be that trilby and a suit conformity, flat cap conformity, or we’re all rocking denim, or we’re all wearing flares.

Wear what you bloody well like and **** the fashion police.

Fashion polices itself tho and that's the irony. Fashion IS telling people what to wear. By definition. It's copying the next guy. 3 of the 4 were wearing the same hat you sat, yet none of them would have been in the 50s or 60s. 

Â