Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Whenever I feel down, I think back to the video of Jay Kay getting headbutted by a photographer. 

All is right in the world again after that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Whenever I feel down, I think back to the video of Jay Kay getting headbutted by a photographer. 

All is right in the world again after that. 

I would like to see a 1/12 scale version of that, using this figure. They've already done the video, why not do the other thing he's famous for?

• Like 1

When selling items online (FB market place/Gumtree etc.) My missus posted a few ads the other day for some horse related items she was selling. 

A couple of potential buyers respond to the ad: Is this still available?

Missus responds: Yes it is.

And then that's it, nothing more comes of it and the potential buyers don't even respond. 

Are these people doing market research to see if you sold it? Are they just conducting surveys or something?

It makes me wonder, Why ask about the item in the first place if they can't be arsed to respond further? Bizarre.

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Are these people doing market research to see if you sold it? Are they just conducting surveys or something?

No they're just words removed. 

• Thanks 1

On 16/06/2023 at 17:13, Chindie said:

I would like to see a 1/12 scale version of that, using this figure. They've already done the video, why not do the other thing he's famous for?

Shagging Denise Van Outen?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chine said:

Would 💯although she’s most likely seen a lot of three card trick over the years 

No doubt about it but back then she was fresh and juicy

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

No doubt about it but back then she was fresh and juicy

DHUTWU, bet its still virginal 😋😋😋

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Sagely advice as always 👍

Well I can only hope, although I bet she likes a bit of back door fun. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rjw63 said:

No they're just words removed. 

After seeing another idiot last night ask her about an item, you're right Rob.

Someone asked her if an item was still for sale?

"Yes"

Okay, I'll get back to you as not sure I can afford it at the minute.

What the actual f***??? Why bother asking about the item in the first place if they're skint!!?? Some absolute idiotic people on these places, it's scary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

"Yes"

What the actual f***??? Why bother asking about the item in the first place if they're skint!!?? Some absolute idiotic people on these places, it's scary.

I have two theories on this.

1. They're all words removed, as you've already covered

2. The slightly more boring answer is, having sold a couple of things on FB marketplace myself, if there is lots of interest people tend to sell to the first person who enquired. My couple of things I was giving away for free as I just wanted to get rid of them, so had lots of interest. That was my approach, well she asked first so she gets first dibs.
So I would guess that when people see something they like they send that message straight away even if they're not sure they want it just to get their place in the queue. Then once they realise they don't actually want it they just ignore it

They should still have the decency to reply, but I reckon that's why so many people enquire who end up not wanting it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I have two theories on this.

1. They're all words removed, as you've already covered

2. The slightly more boring answer is, having sold a couple of things on FB marketplace myself, if there is lots of interest people tend to sell to the first person who enquired. My couple of things I was giving away for free as I just wanted to get rid of them, so had lots of interest. That was my approach, well she asked first so she gets first dibs.
So I would guess that when people see something they like they send that message straight away even if they're not sure they want it just to get their place in the queue. Then once they realise they don't actually want it they just ignore it

They should still have the decency to reply, but I reckon that's why so many people enquire who end up not wanting it

Yes, I agree with that. But to enquire about something they couldn't afford to buy in the first place? Idiotic to say the least.

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

"Yes"

My other half gets rid of stuff on various local websites/groups and she tends to go with whoever says they want it first.

The amount of people that complain about something that's free is beyond me. I wouldn't have the patience for it

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yes, I agree with that. But to enquire about something they couldn't afford to buy in the first place? Idiotic to say the least.

Oh yeah that specific example is ridiculous :D 

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Maybe hoping someone gives them a big discount if they haven't sold it yet, or agrees to give away just to get rid. 

Â