Paul Lambert

limpid

70% possession against QPR is bad football?

Up until their secong goal they had had only one shot at goal...

Bad football is football with no end product. You can have 25% possession and be lethal on the counter attack, or have 70% possession and do bugger all. Possession* is irrelevant it's making use of the ball that matters

*unless you're running yourself into the ground cussing shadows

Edited by P3te

As has been said before it's not just having the ball (65% not 70% ;) ) but actually looking like you've got the ability to score against the opposition,

We could have played for another hour and I doubt we'd have scored.

Give him till Christmas??? So he improves up to Christmas which happens, but then we may be crap again in the New Year. There will never be consistancy under Lambert one of the biggest problems. Also we seem to always challenge the big teams and are useless against the lesser, nothing changes. 

How many good chances did we create?

2 good shots from outside the box by The Rock and Westwood, Clark had 2 really good chances and Benteke glanced a header wide so I make that 5 good chances.

Give him til January. I just watched the 1st half from the other night again and we started really well and were playing some good football but went to shit when they scored which can be down to confidence after the bad run we had previous to that game.  I still have a small hope that Lambert might get things right here and I'd give him til the end of December to sort it and to see if things improve when we are playing easier teams and have a more forgiving run of fixtures than the 5 we had before QPR.  If we can have a bit of good luck with injuries and get our strongest team out for an extended run then things have to improve, if not, then that will be it for me and my support of Lambert.

It was bad enough watching that game once but to watch it again that is bordering on torture!

All that possession and good football?? and still we couldn't unlock QPR for 90 minutes. At no stage did Lambert think to change anythng, everyone could see we needed width.  He makes subs much to late, its like he has to wait for the 60-70th minute every game. So many games ive seen players not working but he never ever has the bottle to bring them off early, this tells you something about the manager. How many times have we seen a useless Weimann and he either leaves him on or brings him off much to late??

I don't get the feeling if he had more money, it would get better....unless it was backed by an oil field and the chances of failure are close to impossible.

is Cleverley @ 8 mill any better than West wood @ 2mill ?

you only have to listen to the after match interviews to know there is nothing in the tank....I'm not sure what some are waiting for.

The man has no idea. Keane has come in to give him some credibility. Forget Keane. He is not committed to Villa. Lambert must get full stick on Sunday. The injury situation has gone on for years. That predates Lambert. However, he is still a terrible manager and must be sacked with immediate effect. Dreadful manager!

2 good shots from outside the box by The Rock and Westwood, Clark had 2 really good chances and Benteke glanced a header wide so I make that 5 good chances.

I know we're desperate for chances but apart from Clark's one chance the others were half chances at best. Shooting from distance is hardly creating a good chance.

I don't get the feeling if he had more money, it would get better....unless it was backed by an oil field and the chances of failure are close to impossible.

is Cleverley @ 8 mill any better than West wood @ 2mill ?

you only have to listen to the after match interviews to know there is nothing in the tank....I'm not sure what some are waiting for.

The man has no idea. Keane has come in to give him some credibility. Forget Keane. He is not committed to Villa. Lambert must get full stick on Sunday. The injury situation has gone on for years. That predates Lambert. However, he is still a terrible manager and must be sacked with immediate effect. Dreadful manager!

I tend to agree about keane....its just a smokescreen and trophy to keep the natives quiet....he's just here to supplement his Ireland wages.

• Like 1

Give him till Christmas??? So he improves up to Christmas which happens, but then we may be crap again in the New Year. There will never be consistancy under Lambert one of the biggest problems. Also we seem to always challenge the big teams and are useless against the lesser, nothing changes.

I think that's why I don't see the point in Lambert anymore. I'm sure we will pick up and I'm confident we will survive. But its not going anywhere. There will be no big improvement in how we play or consistently getting results.

He'll paper over the cracks with a few good results, then we'll struggle and he'll do the same again. Repeat until the club is sold and we can start with a new manager.

I think that's why I don't see the point in Lambert anymore. I'm sure we will pick up and I'm confident we will survive. But its not going anywhere. There will be no big improvement in how we play or consistently getting results.

He'll paper over the cracks with a few good results, then we'll struggle and he'll do the same again. Repeat until the club is sold and we can start with a new manager.

What hasn't been mentioned also is the cup exits, but I guess we don't wanna come with to much evidence to back up, he simply has no idea!!

This is not childish or reactionary despite the hurt of losing to a poor QPR side.

Love that line, it's completely reactionary. Like a poll after the Liverpool win would be the complete reverse. 

Pretty much the same as "I know Lambert has had no cash to spend, but..."

Which has been my whole point about possession all along.

Redknapp, as much as it pains me to say it, knew exactly how to beat us on Monday.

Let us have the ball, because we're not good enough to do anything with it.

Having the ball with most of the opposition in front of us doesn't suit us.

Had QPR come out of the blocks all guns blazing we'd have been much more likely to have picked them off.

We won the possession stat. But in a game where the opposition is happy to let us have the ball, it all means nothing.

- "We don't have quality players" is not valid when we fail at the basics.

- "He was forced to ignore players and put them on the bomb squad" is a lie. Randy does not pick the squad.

- "He is working under financial restrictions" applies to the majority of managers in the premier league.

- "We have injuries" see above.

- "We had a tough run of fixtures" doesn't explain abject defeats to 2 clubs struggling for points.

- "They have a better squad than ours" is not always the case - but our opposition certainly play better football.

- "He should get until Christmas" because somewhere between now and then he will stop doing what he has been doing for over 2 years....

1.  The basics, at the top level, become harder when you don't have quality players.  Burton Albion could ping it around quite nicely in League Two but would be completely overrun in the Prem.

2.  It really doesn't apply to the majority of managers in the Premier League compared to Lambert.  You're just completely wrong here.

3.  The only "abject" defeats have been to Leyton Orient in the cup and Q.P.R. in the league - which, in the latter, we kept the ball probably the most in Lambert's tenure.  The players just did **** all with it.

The rest is valid.

Also, as an aside, a lot of people here now are saying "but the players aren't that bad".  Where has this come from?!  If you read individual player threads, we basically have a midfielder worse than NRC, Gabby and Weimann who are two of the worst attackers in the Premier League, Cleverley who is an absolute waste of money at potentially £8m and Clark and Baker who are terrible defenders.

You VT folk :D

Also, as an aside, a lot of people here now are saying "but the players aren't that bad".  Where has this come from?!  If you read individual player threads, we basically have a midfielder worse than NRC, Gabby and Weimann who are two of the worst attackers in the Premier League, Cleverley who is an absolute waste of money at potentially £8m and Clark and Baker who are terrible defenders.

You VT folk :D

and none of them should be making the starting line up as regulars.

Â