Paul Lambert

limpid

Not for me it won't - I just don't believe that he can take us where we ultimately want him to take us too.

There have been too many bad performances, bad results, bad decisions for him to convince me he's good enough for this club.

He has to go.

Where exactly is this, out of curiosity? 

Also, as an aside, a lot of people here now are saying "but the players aren't that bad".  Where has this come from?!  If you read individual player threads, we basically have a midfielder worse than NRC, Gabby and Weimann who are two of the worst attackers in the Premier League, Cleverley who is an absolute waste of money at potentially £8m and Clark and Baker who are terrible defenders.

You VT folk :D

This is complete bull. The players have shown quality and at our best they can beat Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool. Its the zero consistancy Lambert brings, the zero motivation, the no idea how to change a game. You cannot be saying Cleverley is crap when he was a Man U player and England international, we either dont need a player like that or Lambert has no idea what position suits him best. Like I said we go go out and beat Chelsea and then not have a clue against Crystal Palace, that why I believe a new manager could only be a positive.

Also, as an aside, a lot of people here now are saying "but the players aren't that bad". Where has this come from?! If you read individual player threads, we basically have a midfielder worse than NRC, Gabby and Weimann who are two of the worst attackers in the Premier League, Cleverley who is an absolute waste of money at potentially £8m and Clark and Baker who are terrible defenders.

No one thinks our squad is brilliant. We do have some poor players but we don't think the squad is as bad as performances and results have shown. Surely you can see that without having to patronise the VT folks.

Do you think we've played to our full potential over the last 12 months? Do you think Lambert is getting the best out of individuals and the team?

This is not childish or reactionary despite the hurt of losing to a poor QPR side.

Love that line, it's completely reactionary. Like a poll after the Liverpool win would be the complete reverse. 

Well it's not just the loss to QPR is it?

It's 2 seasons of mostly horrid football & results AND the loss to QPR

70% possession against QPR is bad football?

Up until their secong goal they had had only one shot at goal...

How many good chances did we create?

Which has been my whole point about possession all along.

Redknapp, as much as it pains me to say it, knew exactly how to beat us on Monday.

Let us have the ball, because we're not good enough to do anything with it.

Having the ball with most of the opposition in front of us doesn't suit us.

Had QPR come out of the blocks all guns blazing we'd have been much more likely to have picked them off.

We won the possession stat. But in a game where the opposition is happy to let us have the ball, it all means nothing.

I don't disagree.

We're at this point now because the manager has failed to implement an effective system over the last two years.

We've been happy to pick up points to survive without any thought to the future or improving how we play.

This is not childish or reactionary despite the hurt of losing to a poor QPR side.

Love that line, it's completely reactionary. Like a poll after the Liverpool win would be the complete reverse. 

I'm sorry but the goal for the past 2 seasons has been keep the club in the league and get the clubs finances under control.

This has been achieved. Now we have invested in the squad properly this summer we can judge Lambert on this season. Not 9 games with over half of them against the top 5. The actual full season. 

For a fair opinion after we've played all 19 teams at the end of the year. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry but the goal for the past 2 seasons has been keep the club in the league and get the clubs finances under control.

This has been achieved. Now we have invested in the squad properly this summer we can judge Lambert on this season. Not 9 games with over half of them against the top 5. The actual full season. 

For a fair opinion after we've played all 19 teams at the end of the year.

Ok let's give Lambert the full season what will he have to achieve this year for him to be seen as a success? What is his benchmark? What position will we have to be in for you to think he's not good enough? I would love Lambert to turn it around and for us to play good football but I've seen nothing to suggest he can and even with better players this year has resorted to the same crap tactics.

What position should we be in? Say we finish 12th-13th and comfortably away from relegation worries, should he still be sacked because we play (subjectively) awful football which will not take the club forward? The fact remains that, he would be achieving his goal with change to spare...and that there is no moving forward under the current ownership.

What position should we be in? Say we finish 12th-13th and comfortably away from relegation worries, should he still be sacked because we play (subjectively) awful football which will not take the club forward? The fact remains that, he would be achieving his goal with change to spare...and that there is no moving forward under the current ownership.

Would you be happy? Surely there's only so much surviving with awful football we can take. What's the point in following thst each year?

If we finish 13th I'll say he's done a decent job and congratulate him on that. But if we're still playing awful football I'd think what's the point in watching that again next year? Where are we going with him?

Surely no one wants to watch this year in year out?

Would you be happy? Surely there's only so much surviving with awful football we can take. What's the point in following thst each year?

If we finish 13th I'll say he's done a decent job and congratulate him on that. But if we're still playing awful football I'd think what's the point in watching that again next year? Where are we going with him?

Surely no one wants to watch this year in year out?

Would I be happy? No. But unfortunately that is the best case scenario under Lerner at this point in time and a sad reality. Good football objectively is football that puts points on the board. If we finished 11th but played bad football which is subjective, does it matter as the end justifies the means? We might not like it, but it's reality. Look at what a bit of investment and ambition did for West Ham. Suddenly a Sam Allardyce team is playing attractive football and challenging in the top half of the table. I'd love for that to be us, but it just isn't a realistic expectation under Lerner.

Personally I can't see us finishing anywhere near 12th-13th if we continue to play the way we do? For us to finsih 12th-13th would require a significant improvement in our play and then Lambert will have earned our continuing with him.

We weren't that off last year even with the capitulation at the end after Benteke got injured. We were in 10th as late as March. If we manage to recapture our form of the first 4 games any time during the season, it's certainly achievable.

So not just winning a game, it has to be a win against the top 5 to start an optimisim 'will we win the league thread/poll'

Duly noted, thanks for enlightening me of the rules.

I'll start another one 'I'm not Racist... BUT' to allow futher condescension.

Edited by VillanousOne

Also, as an aside, a lot of people here now are saying "but the players aren't that bad". Where has this come from?! If you read individual player threads, we basically have a midfielder worse than NRC, Gabby and Weimann who are two of the worst attackers in the Premier League, Cleverley who is an absolute waste of money at potentially £8m and Clark and Baker who are terrible defenders.

No one thinks our squad is brilliant. We do have some poor players but we don't think the squad is as bad as performances and results have shown. Surely you can see that without having to patronise the VT folks.

Do you think we've played to our full potential over the last 12 months? Do you think Lambert is getting the best out of individuals and the team?

On occasions that I could count on 1 hand yes. I.e Chelsea last season, Sunderland season before.....give me afew minutes an I will try my best think of a few more?? Edited by foreveryoung

Â