Paul Lambert

limpid

The version I heard and has been going around the internet for a weeks is that Cowans was unhappy with the way Culverhouse had been treating some of the reserve players and when Cowans confronted him about it, Lambert took Culverhouse's side but some of the players sided with Cowans.

I don't think that is far from the truth with the exception of the last bit re Lambert backing Culver.

If there's anything in the Barry rumours maybe he's coming to replace Culver, then.

This is from something Howard Hodgson wrote in his blog post that talks about the so called bust up not sure if the story originated from him or not though.

I was sent reliable information this week that before the Fulham game there was a major bust up between Culverhouse and Cowans. This is how the information read:

Hi Howard, I don’t want to be perceived as an ITK but I’ve a work friend who’s very close to a senior Villa official and from time to time he tells me things passed on to him. Anyway, I’ve had breakfast with him today and he told me Gabby and Delph were axed from first team duties last week after an argument between Cowans and Culverhouse broke out about giving some of the youth a chance. Gabby and Delph backed Sid and belittled Culverhouse, saying Sid is AVFC and you know nothing about the club so basically pipe down. Lambert sided with his man and Gabby and Delph were dropped and fined. Like I said, my friend worked with this Villa official and they’re very close.

I was also told there is some truth in the Lerner selling rumours but nothing concrete.

Another source sent me the information below:

A player’s dad, who I have known for years, told me most players hate the management. They feel they have no say and bullying is rife.

Some suggest bringing in Grant Holt was to give Lambert an insight into what players were saying about him as he is close to Lambert. Nobody trusts Holt. Also, Lambert and Faulkner are close to each other. Players think that Faulkner does not tell Lerner most of what goes on. Most players want out.

Edited by useless

The version I heard and has been going around the internet for a weeks is that Cowans was unhappy with the way Culverhouse had been treating some of the reserve players and when Cowans confronted him about it, Lambert took Culverhouse's side but some of the players sided with Cowans.

I don't think that is far from the truth with the exception of the last bit re Lambert backing Culver.

If there's anything in the Barry rumours maybe he's coming to replace Culver, then.

This is from something Howard Hodgson wrote in his blog post that talks about the so called bust up not sure if the story originated from him or not though.

I was sent reliable information this week that before the Fulham game there was a major bust up between Culverhouse and Cowans. This is how the information read:

Hi Howard, I don’t want to be perceived as an ITK but I’ve a work friend who’s very close to a senior Villa official and from time to time he tells me things passed on to him. Anyway, I’ve had breakfast with him today and he told me Gabby and Delph were axed from first team duties last week after an argument between Cowans and Culverhouse broke out about giving some of the youth a chance. Gabby and Delph backed Sid and belittled Culverhouse, saying Sid is AVFC and you know nothing about the club so basically pipe down. Lambert sided with his man and Gabby and Delph were dropped and fined. Like I said, my friend worked with this Villa official and they’re very close.

I was also told there is some truth in the Lerner selling rumours but nothing concrete.

Another source sent me the information below:

A player’s dad, who I have known for years, told me most players hate the management. They feel they have no say and bullying is rife.

Some suggest bringing in Grant Holt was to give Lambert an insight into what players were saying about him as he is close to Lambert. Nobody trusts Holt. Also, Lambert and Faulkner are close to each other. Players think that Faulkner does not tell Lerner most of what goes on. Most players want out.

Funniest thing I've read in a long time  :crylaugh:

• Like 2

I saw the same story on another Villa forum a week or two back so like I say not sure if the story originated from Howard Hodgson or whether he's just picked up on it to use for his own purposes or what. There has been other stuff mentioned on twitter too but I can't remember the exact details, lets hope it's just bullshit and we can laugh at it, otherwise it's pretty worrying what with our situation.

If it was true about nearly all the players wanting out isn't that basically the same that happened under Houllier when everything was in a mess? I don't believe for a second it's true but wouldn't that suggest that the players who have been here all that time are the rotten apples here?

If one of the 'Lambert supporters' passed on a conspiracy that far-fetched, they'd receive no end of abuse.

I'm not saying there is any reason to believe it but it is a viable theory.

I have no idea how reliable that forum is but they seem think something more than Culverhouse being sacked is going. Daily Mail also reporting that Faulkner is meeting with the staff.

Â