Paul Lambert

limpid

Replacing Lambert will only make a difference if Lerner sells the club (which is looking likely at the moment).

Presuming that no other manager could any better than Lambert's current record is not only being short sighted it also smacks of sour grapes that you have been wrong to defend him.

I still back Lambert and appreciate the work he has done. I think it is extremely foolish to believe sacking Lambert will begin this monumental change in our fortunes, it will not. I have said often that we need deeper change at the club, hopefully this will occur in the coming weeks and months.

Sour grapes about Lambert? Nope. I am more concern about my football club rather than trying to win an argument with another fan. Pathetic.

• Like 1

I think its obvious that until Lerner sells up we'll continue in this cycle no matter what manager is put in place.

True, we'll never achieve greatness under Lerner but we need a manager to get more out of the squad we've got. 

• Like 3

The point scoring in here is getting so tedious now.

I think its obvious that until Lerner sells up we'll continue in this cycle no matter what manager is put in place.

That or changes policy on finances.

Why is it so hard for people to accept that not everyone will agree on Lambert's tenure? It's not as black and white as some like to claim.

It really is. It's just a handful who can't admit they were w

Wrong.

When was it you found out that you were wrong with the extreme optimism and enthusiasm in the summer when we bought Luna, Helenius, Okore and Tonev early in the summer?

• Like 1

Replacing Lambert will only make a difference if Lerner sells the club (which is looking likely at the moment).

Presuming that no other manager could any better than Lambert's current record is not only being short sighted it also smacks of sour grapes that you have been wrong to defend him.

I still back Lambert and appreciate the work he has done. I think it is extremely foolish to believe sacking Lambert will begin this monumental change in our fortunes, it will not. I have said often that we need deeper change at the club, hopefully this will occur in the coming weeks and months.

Sour grapes about Lambert? Nope. I am more concern about my football club rather than trying to win an argument with another fan. Pathetic.

If you were more concerned about your football club trying to win a game than trying to win a an argument you would not have posted that comment about an expected change in attitude after 'we beat Crystal Palace' then sending someone a vitriolic private message when they reminded you of your arrogant comment following defeat to Crystal Palace.

I cannot believe the yellow ticker tape hasn't appeared telling us he's been axed today. Shows what a bunch of idiots we have in charge

Stand by fellow sufferers, I think the ship is going down

• Like 2

Why is it so hard for people to accept that not everyone will agree on Lambert's tenure? It's not as black and white as some like to claim.

It really is. It's just a handful who can't admit they were w

Wrong.

When was it you found out that you were wrong with the extreme optimism and enthusiasm in the summer when we bought Luna, Helenius, Okore and Tonev early in the summer?

Pretty early on when it was clear not much was improving.

Another ridiculous claim from BJ10.

A quick look at the staff at his disposal, the obvious remit to bomb out the majority of big earners & it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that nothing would improve short term.

A quick read of the "next Villa manager" thread tells you we'd be no better off replacing him atm.

This is not to say I'm dancing from the rooftops at the lack of progress but to claim you expected things to "improve pretty early on" shows a complete lack of understanding of the situation we find ourselves in.

My video from Palace away yesterday, he has lost the away fans now... ''Don't know what your doing'' chants and at 51secs ''We want Lambert Out''

Not only am I shocked at the chants but the players demeanour after the game had ended. Sure you can be disappointed at losing but something much worse in the body language like that type of performance and result was inevitable.
The players look like they didn't want to go back in the dressing room? Rift with the management ?

Another ridiculous claim from BJ10.

A quick look at the staff at his disposal, the obvious remit to bomb out the majority of big earners & it was obvious to anyone with half a brain that nothing would improve short term.

A quick read of the "next Villa manager" thread tells you we'd be no better off replacing him atm.

This is not to say I'm dancing from the rooftops at the lack of progress but to claim you expected things to "improve pretty early on" shows a complete lack of understanding of the situation we find ourselves in.

Yes how silly of me to think we should improve on a season that ended with 41 points. Yes ridiculous.

Oh well, I saw it early on just like I saw last season that he was no good.

• Like 1

I had an inkling that all was not well with Mr Lambert when he purchased a player from Chesterfield who could not score a goal for them!  I contacted Lambert's community psychiatric nurse in relation to it, but he said that Mr Lambert had become treatment resistant so was no longer registered with them! 

Apologies BJ-I mis read your previous post. I thought you were referring to "early pn" last season, not this one.

On this occasion your post wasn't ridiculous. You've made up for it though by claiming you had him sussed last season.

Was I wrong?

If you were more concerned about your football club trying to win a game than trying to win a an argument you would not have posted that comment about an expected change in attitude after 'we beat Crystal Palace' then sending someone a vitriolic private message when they reminded you of your arrogant comment following defeat to Crystal Palace.

:) I sent the PM straight after you came out the woodwork to gloat about my team losing. And not only did you gloat about Villa losing, you saw fit to use me as a target for your little witch hunt. I told you privately what I thought of your behaviour, which I am perfectly entitled to do so.

The truth is I am not putting up with this witch hunt mentality or posters enjoying defeats to get back at people who actually want their team to succeed. I have a different opinion, embrace it.

Â