Paul Lambert

limpid

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Overall I wouldn't say he was as terrible as some here make out. The final season was a total implosion, but prior to that he did a half decent job given the resources he had. 

That's about fair. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went from one of the up and coming managers in the nation, to fired by Blackburn. I don't think taking the Villa job was a mistake, but the Blackburn one was. 

He is surely at home collecting his wages from Blackburn. 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Went from one of the up and coming managers in the nation, to fired by Blackburn. I don't think taking the Villa job was a mistake, but the Blackburn one was. 

He is surely at home collecting his wages from Blackburn. 

I think he refused an extension to his contract or he activated a release clause

Horrendous signings (apart from one, hitting the jackpot)

Unable to coach even the basics. 

Terrible style of football 

Complete losers mentality. 

And took the piss with asking to be sacked, signing a new deal and then hanging on for a pay off as we headed towards relegation

There's a reason he's on fantasy football and no where near a professional team 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Horrendous signings (apart from one, hitting the jackpot)

Unable to coach even the basics. 

Terrible style of football 

Complete losers mentality. 

And took the piss with asking to be sacked, signing a new deal and then hanging on for a pay off as we headed towards relegation

but except for all that he was a success ;)

15 hours ago, useless said:

Despite all that kept us in the Premier league. It's not a coincident that when he left the club crumbled.

He played a big part in that crumbling and would have relegated us if he had stayed. 

Also if he hadn't found his one good signing it would have happened earlier. 

• Like 2

It always amazes me how he kept us up with no budget and some of the players we had. I definitely remember the dire times under Lambert, but I understand his situation wasn't great with Lerner giving him pretty much zero transfer budget. 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Villa Job killed him mentally. The last season he looked like a broken man 

We ruined him. 

Failed managers don't get many second chances in this country, he's probably done for :(

Its a shame, I liked the bloke and he was badly let down by Lerner. I bet seeing the money we've spunked this summer hasn't helped his outlook! 

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's not like he bumped into that signing on the tube or something. He deserves credit for unearthing a world class striker who was instrumental in keeping us up 3 times in a row.

When you get one thing right and so so so many things wrong, it's hard to think that one right thing was more than just a bit of luck. The signings he brought into the club were awful on the whole.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

We ruined him. 

Failed managers don't get many second chances in this country, he's probably done for :(

Its a shame, I liked the bloke and he was badly let down by Lerner. I bet seeing the money we've spunked this summer hasn't helped his outlook! 

You know he could have quit at any point? He didn't have to stay and make us worse every season. 

• Like 1

Â