Paul Lambert

limpid

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Undoubtedly thebiggest cause of our demise this season has been the summer transfer window.

Who is to blame for that is up for debate. But if people are blaming Lambert for some of his poor signings under the same set up, then it's only fair to blame Sherwood for this season.

No that's not true because Sherwood rocks and Lambert is shit because attacking football and let's have it and those bloody foreign players and not being backed whereas Lambert 2 years no progress Sherwood only 7 months so unfair.  And Ashley Westwood.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Undoubtedly thebiggest cause of our demise this season has been the summer transfer window.

Who is to blame for that is up for debate. But if people are blaming Lambert for some of his poor signings under the same set up, then it's only fair to blame Sherwood for this season.

I blame Lambert for his signings and Sherwood for his part in ours. Did we have a transfer committee under Lambert? I'm sure he had suggestions and players pushed towards him but was it exactly the same?

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm trying to think of his signings who have had a significant role this season.  Really only Guzan giving away loads of goals.  Bacuna being a clearing in the woods but even he I thought did ok as a fill in left back before Cissokho came back.  Westwood I know a lot of people hate but I think he's been on the periphery of the chaos.  Unless you count getting such a big profit on Benteke and wasting it on the wrong players as playing a big part in the demise, but that's not really his fault.

Id say our biggest failures have been Hutton, Richards, Lescott and Clark giving away goals for fun (Okore less so but his behaviour recently has been poor), Gabby and Grealish being unable to behave, Guzan figuratively throwing the ball in the net numerous times, Gestede being a donkey and the French players not settling/the managers post-Lambert not using them.  

Guzan is a pretty big reason for our relegation. Bacuna is one of the biggest words removed of the year and Okore has refused to play for the club. Richardson and Sinclair are **** terrible players and Westwood has once again been poor.

Our new signings have been just as terrible, some much worse and existing players have let us down badly.

I'm certainly not saying it's all down to his signings, they've just contributed to the clubs demise. Just one of a few reasons why Lambert made us worse the longer he spent with us.  

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I blame Lambert for his signings and Sherwood for his part in ours. Did we have a transfer committee under Lambert? I'm sure he had suggestions and players pushed towards him but was it exactly the same?

As much of a committee as we have now. It appears it's been that way for a while.

Yet Lambert seems to get blamed for all his signings and Sherwood gets off scott free with a lot of people because committee.

The only difference was Lambert didn't moan to the papers about it like Tim's mates.

Some of our most embarrasing performances and results in our modern era came under Lambert, surely that's indisputable? 

15-0 over xmas 2012.

Bradford (shudders)

Millwall

Leyton Orient.

That ridiculous 7 game run....without scoring a goal.

6 minutes ago, coda said:

That last half hour against Bradford...

That was desperate. Lambert's lowest hour imo.

It was like football manager panic mode when you don't know what to do so you just press "all out attack" and put all your strikers on and cross your fingers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Some of our most embarrasing performances and results in our modern era came under Lambert, surely that's indisputable? 

15-0 over xmas 2012.

Bradford (shudders)

Millwall

Leyton Orient.

That ridiculous 7 game run....without scoring a goal.

think we lost 2-1 to Milwall, doesnt make it any better, also got a couple vs Bradford

actually im making it sound even worse 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That was desperate. Lambert's lowest hour imo.

It was like football manager panic mode when you don't know what to do so you just press "all out attack" and put all your strikers on and cross your fingers.

I was in the Holte for that game.

The worst game I can remember. Dreadful. I thought we wouldn't outdo the Blackpool game at home under Houllier, where I distinctly remember looking down at the pitch and realising that Blackpool, of all teams, were parked in our half and we couldn't do a thing about it.

But that Bradford game. I think I've still got the flag somewhere, just to remember a freezing dreadful 3 hours.

On 4/27/2016 at 20:23, Zatman said:

im sure they be happy enough to have their Premier League winning captain in charge instead of some negative Scottish lad

So apparently a Champions League winner and finals MOTM is just some negative Scottish lad. Talk about bias :lol: 

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

The worst game I can remember. Dreadful. I thought we wouldn't outdo the Blackpool game at home under Houllier, where I distinctly remember looking down at the pitch and realising that Blackpool, of all teams, were parked in our half and we couldn't do a thing about it.

But that Bradford game. I think I've still got the flag somewhere, just to remember a freezing dreadful 3 hours.

Same, I was in the Holte too.

The annoying thing is, the first half of that game we played well. We did exactly what we should do against a lower league team. keep the ball away from them, pass it around and pick off chances.

But then we conceded that goal just before half time, which was genuinely out of nowhere, and Lambert panicked. I genuinely think if we'd played the second half the same way we'd played the first, we'd have won.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

So apparently a Champions League winner and finals MOTM is just some negative Scottish lad. Talk about bias :lol: 

well if you find Lambert in any way entertaining then each to their own

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

I was there and fir me that was worse than the Doncaster farce under o Leary. Lambert humiliated us we should have won with ease. 

What I find amazing about that season is that we were able to recover from such a terrible position of being dumped out of the cup by **** Bradford and being in or around the relegation zone. Even the players then had more fight than the words removed we have now.

• Like 1

Â