Paul Lambert

limpid

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

September 2014 has to be one of the most mentally disturbed months for decisions this club has ever seen.

Within a couple of weeks we'd given new contracts to Gabby, Hutton and Lambert.

Hutton will be released on a free transfer in the summer but the other two really defied belief at the time and still do.

I'm convinced that was Lambert doing us in.

Wasn't that around the time he was supposedly asking to be sacked, but wanting a pay-off?

Randy said no, but I'll back you in whatever you want. It's like he picked the two most obvious players who didn't deserve contracts and gave them both huge deals.

I really liked Lamberts 4-3-3 set up. Problem was that Weimann and Gabby is shit, and delph was our only good centre midfielder. With better players i think that formation could really work well

Edited by villalad21

• 1 month later...
On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 17:34, villalad21 said:

I really liked Lamberts 4-3-3 set up. Problem was that Weimann and Gabby is shit, and delph was our only good centre midfielder. With better players i think that formation could really work well

I agree it would very well end of 2012-13 and even at the start with the memorable Arsenal away win. Trouble was Weimann and Gabby couldn't sustain that level and very quickly went s*** and stayed like that.

All summer we were crying out for a playmaker to give us plan B and more quality and he signed Kozak.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

thinks our owner has spent a lot of money on the club in the last 2 years :rolleyes:

We spent over 100M in the past 2 years, 50M and 57M respectively. In Lambert's 3 seasons, we spent about 50M. Not sure what the issue is, he definitely has a point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We spent over 100M in the past 2 years, 50M and 57M respectively. In Lambert's 3 seasons, we spent about 50M. Not sure what the issue is, he definitely has a point. 

but alot of that was tekkers money 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

the fact he thinks Xia owns the club 2 years

The fact is there was a lot of promise about Lambert's reign, especially at the end of his first season/ beginning of his second season.

However, about mid-point way through his second season, he became so negative it's beyond belief. The dreadful second half of the 2013/2014 season (bar the Norwich and Chelsea results) should have meant he was dismissed after we lost 3-0 at Spurs on the final day.

• 1 year later...

I hope he takes them down. They're a nothing club and he's a tw8.

As I posted in the Stoke thread:
I dislike him because he kept draining the club of money for himself when things were horribly wrong behind the scenes. He 'protected' Lerner for his own personal gain while Aston Villa was dying a slow death. F*ck him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I hope he takes them down. They're a nothing club and he's a tw8.

As I posted in the Stoke thread:
I dislike him because he kept draining the club of money for himself when things were horribly wrong behind the scenes. He 'protected' Lerner for his own personal gain while Aston Villa was dying a slow death. F*ck him.

Wish i could give this more likes and thanks. 

Amazes me how people defended him while he waited for his payoff, happily risking the clubs premier league status. 

Guy is a word removed

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Am I getting this right, he's a word removed because he didn't walk away from his post?

The last manager in football that I can remember willingly resigning from a club without being sacked was MON from us almost 8 years ago.

Steve Bruce did at Hull didn't he?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Am I getting this right, he's a word removed because he didn't walk away from his post?

The last manager in football that I can remember willingly resigning from a club without being sacked was MON from us almost 8 years ago.

Garde left 'by mutual consent.'

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Steve Bruce did at Hull didn't he?

Quite right. 

I should rephrase that, I don't recall ever seeing a manager resign because he thought he wasn't up the job or that he couldn't keep a club up.

It's almost always because of some financial or personal dispute with the owners.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

Â