Paul Lambert

limpid

6 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

If Tim Sherwood gets another job in football i'll be amazed.

You should never underestimate how desperate and stupid the people running football clubs can be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Why?

Alan Irvine was sacked by Preston and Sheffield Wednesday (indeed Sheff Weds went down to league one under his watch) and he still pitched up at West Brom somehow.

Chris Hutchings was awful as Bradford manager, awful as Wigan manager....and Walsall still appointed him where predictably he was awful.

McLeish and lambert have both had no trouble getting jobs after leaving us in dismal fashion.

Sherwood can still point to stuff like getting Spurs in top 6, getting us to a cup final. He'll easily get another management job in football although it sure as hell won't be a premier league job, he's run out of luck on that score.

5 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

He'll easily get another job.

I'll be amazed if he's ever particularly successful in one of them though.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Why?

Alan Irvine was sacked by Preston and Sheffield Wednesday (indeed Sheff Weds went down to league one under his watch) and he still pitched up at West Brom somehow.

Chris Hutchings was awful as Bradford manager, awful as Wigan manager....and Walsall still appointed him where predictably he was awful.

McLeish and lambert have both had no trouble getting jobs after leaving us in dismal fashion.

Sherwood can still point to stuff like getting Spurs in top 6, getting us to a cup final. He'll easily get another management job in football although it sure as hell won't be a premier league job, he's run out of luck on that score.

Just look at Dean Saunders, how that man finds work in football is harder to understand than string theory. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mister_a said:

Yeah, contract terminated, that's not being sacked is it :)

The article specifically states that Lambert activated a clause in his own contract to leave after Blackburn's final game :)

Â