Paul Lambert

limpid

I also find it ridiculous that people suggested Pulis, a true short term manager so desperate to keep his 'never been relegated' USP that he bails the second things don't go his own way

Hmmm.

So I guess in his short term stay of 6 years or so at Stoke, he was just lucky that things went his way for so long.

• Like 1

And no I'm neither in the anti or pro lamert camp I am in the support Aston villa camp no matter the manager, team, chairman.

Yep, I am an Aston Villa fan. I want the best for Villa and I do not think the manager (or chairman!) are 'for the best'.

Whether goals come or not, whether his cheap purchases sell for a profit, whether he's been denied funds, nothing matters but the statistics that we have only scored 11 league goals this season and have only 12 points from the last 52 available.

Our football is mostly poor and Lambert does not appear to have a clue as to how to turn it around. It doesn't matter who we all have as our first choice to replace him, any of us could get that team of players scoring goals and playing more enjoyable football. Those players aren't as bad as he's getting them them to look.

Without any doubts at all, it is time for Lerner to show some balls and sack him before he finds himself advertising a Championship football club. If by some miracle it isn't this season we go down, the inevitable will happen soon.

Agree with a lot of that.

Just one small thing though it is 12 points from the last 54 available. :thumb:

With Arsenal away and Chelsea at home coming up next in the league it could soon be 12 points from the last 60 available.

Keep the faith though ;)

• Like 1

1) Lerner won't sack him as he will be forced to give money for transfers.

2) Lerner won't sack him as the new manager could get us up the table and will want more money for transfers.

3) Paul Lambert is a 'lapdog'.

• Like 1

Is the risk in keeping Lambert and hoping things improve or taking the chance and bring a new manger in? That for me has been the simple question around Lambert for a number of weeks and the answer has unfortunately become easier as the games go by.

We have 12 points from the last 54 available, two win less streaks in the last 18 games of nine games and the current run of seven, 12 goals in 24 league and cup games.With this squad of players it is almost inconceivable any other manager could do worse.

I have seen posts suggesting that they would be concerned that the next appointment would only be a short term one.  What do people think Lambert is? as soon as we get taken over he will be gone anyway. As things stand now, with us rapidly heading for the trap door, what we desperately need is a short term boost that a new manager can provide. We get that initial bounce that teams often get under a new manager and that will be enough. Very short term I know but in all fairness this club hasn't looked any further than the next few months for a number of years now. Be it with Lambert as manager or anybody else under Lerner that will remain the case.

This squad of players is a lot better than this season has shown us, especially the last 18 games, but the manager despite being given more than enough chances has continually shown he cannot get the best of of them. The scales have tipped and the risk of relegation now doesn't increase by getting rid of Lambert. The risk is now in keeping him and hoping things change when all the evidence suggests that by sticking with him things will simply stay the same.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

Better performance yesterday, especially when Gil came on. If Baker hadn't fluffed his lines I'm pretty certain we would have got something. No excuse for starting Cleverley at all, let alone at RW. We need to go back to our counter attacking game for the next two but with Gil and perhaps another we can play a bit with the ball too.

Scoreline looks bad but we'll pick up points if we play as we did second half.

Edited by PatrickCousens
  • Like 3

Is the risk in keeping Lambert and hoping things improve or taking the chance and bring a new manger in? That for me has been the simple question around Lambert for a number of weeks and the answer has unfortunately become easier as the games go by.

We have 12 points from the last 54 available, two win less streaks in the last 18 games of nine games and the current run of seven, 12 goals in 24 league and cup games.With this squad of players it is almost inconceivable any other manager could do worse.

I have seen posts suggesting that they would be concerned that the next appointment would only be a short term one.  What do people think Lambert is? as soon as we get taken over he will be gone anyway. As things stand now, with us rapidly heading for the trap door, what we desperately need is a short term boost that a new manager can provide. We get that initial bounce that teams often get under a new manager and that will be enough. Very short term I know but in all fairness this club hasn't looked any further than the next few months for a number of years now. Be it with Lambert as manager or anybody else under Lerner that will remain the case.

This squad of players is a lot better than this season has shown us, especially the last 18 games, but the manager despite being given more than enough chances has continually shown he cannot get the best of of them. The scales have tipped and the risk of relegation now doesn't increase by getting rid of Lambert. The risk is now in keeping him and hoping things change when all the evidence suggests that by sticking with him things will simply stay the same.

Going by previous form, we could certainly go 'unbeaten' for 4/5 games and pick up something like 8/9 points but then only pick up 4/5 from the nine fixtures following. This would certainly leave us needing a win on the last day to be sure of survival - and I know it isn't a popular thing to say, maybe because it reminds other of how bad Lambert has done, but he has said this is his strongest side yet. So for us to be on track to do worse than the two years previous is pretty poor.

We've heard the same excuses all season; "wins will come" has now turned to "goals will come" which could easily turn to "draws will come".

Edited by DK82

Great convo.

I think I've dominated this conversation!

Ahahaha. Very good. Now, how about letting me know what it was I've said that seems so silly to you.

Yawning at my post! 

Its a bit like saying **** to your momma!

Ok, but it was a terribly yawny post. I'm sure mum wouldn't mind.

Why because its a fact? 

Video evidence of Lambert saying we dominated the game  :wacko:

http://www1.skysport...h/313597/report

Have a listen, Will give you something to Yawn about!

Indisputable video evidence, not a very clever thing to say I think.

I'm still not quite sure what we were doing second half yesterday. Gil came on and turned the game for 10-15 minutes or so, in which we should have scored, then it all went stale again before Liverpool scored.

Looked like another Bradford formation of sending three up front and hoping for the best without any sort of plan.

I've completely lost faith in the manager to provide any sort of set up that will get us playing well for any length of time. The selection in the first half was absolutely atrocious and to keep asking Cissokho and Hutton to provide the width in the team is ridiculous.

When claiming Lambert will turn it around and come good, as some are still saying?? Can one of you explain to me how the above tactic is ever going to work. It basiclly bypasses the midfield as Hutton, Sissokho are trying to pass it into Benteke as no ne else is ready in the box. Its poor poor tactically to use these to players hoping they will create something.

Guys, this system is not going to click. We have been playing teams that close the defense which we find very very hard to break down with this system. We had a few more attempts on goal yesterday due to how Liverplop played but still coudln't get a goal. We are not scoring because there are not enough players around the box. I mean counting on Baker to score, he shouldn't have even been there??

Weimann and Gabby look useless because they are not being used effectively, Hutton an Sissokho are used as main creators. I connot believe Lambert cannot get Gabby, Weimann in the right positions, if they are not doing what they are told drop them, Bacuna can easily do Gabby's job.

Lambert for a start has gotta get a little stronger, someone said he would never bring a player off early if they are not performing i.e cleverly yesterday. If we are going to go forward with this man, he needs to get some steel balls, cause at the moment he is like a man out of ideas, a dead man walking.

On a note, im not sure where this defence of Lambert is coming from that he can pick a player. We have scouts, Lambert has no time to go and scout players during the season. We really think he scouted Gil while trying to manage this football team, I very much doubt it, unless he just watches toutube videos.

I'd like to think that Lerner would sack him on the basis of not winning enough games, not getting enough points and not scoring enough goals rather than because he broke records.

When those records relate to not winning games and not scoring goals then they still seem pretty relevant.

If you attended the game and chose not to protest, yet are still screaming for Lambert to go, you don't really have grounds to complain.

You turned up and did what was asked, you stood by the players and manager and supported them again...look where it got us. Another defeat, another goalless game, another performance riddled with errors and another terrible performance (in the main part).

There were a few positives that will paper over the cracks in the eyes of the club...they don't need to take any action, why should they, the majority of people still turned up to support, so they can't be that bothered.

When/if we do finally get a win, it will set the 'Lambert Pressure Guage' back to zero, which will just be putting off the inevitable as we will probably have another awful run a few games later.

The club is dying, Lambert will take us down.

LambertOut! But it won't happen, not now, not before the end of the season, probably not even then...regardless of the league we end up in.

The planned protest was against Lerner yesterday, not Lambert, wasn't it? So what are you talking about?

Also, supporting the eleven players on the pitch (hoping to inspire them to win, or even score) is different to supporting the manager.

No doubt you were at the game yesterday? And no doubt you were one of the fans getting on the players' and manager's back, during the game, when we still had a chance to get an equaliser.

A protest against Lerner, because he shows no care for the club, by continuing to employ a poor manager...but yeah, nothing to do with Lambert...

No, I wasn't at the game and no, I haven't been since September last year, simply because I've wasted a huge amount of money watching absolute crap for the last 4 years. I'm not going to follow out of blind faith...the club has been detached from what the fans want for a while now, so I don't feel the loyalty towards the club like I used to.

The club know they will always have support so don't care what we think.

Well, by your logic, you have no cause to complain if you don't go to the games to show your colours.

If that protest yesterday was against Lerner, and therefore against Lambert, then why weren't you there to pile on the pressure? Not going, and having someone in your seat supporting the team, is as much your fault as it is their. Again, by your logic.

Also, many people believe that booing/protesting against the manager/owner during a game is completely counter productive, and it will effect the players in a bad way. Yes, we still lost, but we also put up a fight and played well for a short spell.

In recent games we've cheered and supported the team, and some would say it's lead to us inspiring the players to play better (for example: the draw against Man Utd, when Gabby got sent off and the fans sang as loud as they have this season).

• Like 1

Â