Paul Lambert

limpid

Interesting listening to the times football podcast. One of them brought out the old financial excuse for Lambert and cascarino passionately disagreed with him which was nice to hear. Basically said he's had it tough but its no excuse to set the team out the way Lambert did.

Marcotti and one other both said they felt like Lambert let them down as they both thought he was an excellent manager when he joined us.

One of them also said he thinks Lambert will find it difficult to get a prem job due to rep he's now got for boring football.

I could imagine a lot of fans being unhappy with their club linked to a manager who had his record for 100 games.

Lamberts problem was he was too scared. Too timid, too passive, too dour, too conservative. Wrong guy at the wrong time.

You left out Too Gutless.He actually agreed to cut the wage bill ( get in players from the lower divisions ) and get rid of the high erners ( the best or most skilful players )

and keep us in the Premier League ?!

Lamberts problem was he was too scared. Too timid, too passive, too dour, too conservative. Wrong guy at the wrong time.

You left out Too Gutless.He actually agreed to cut the wage bill ( get in players from the lower divisions ) and get rid of the high erners ( the best or most skilful players )

What is he meant to do?

"Sorry Randy, I think we should actually keep the wage bill high and buy expensive players"

Would you tell your boss that?

For a couple of million pounds a year I'd have a crack at that.

Why does that make him gutless?

Surely it's brave to take on a task like that?

Ive seen lamberts name being put forward on the message boards for qpr & Sunderland and the response has been less than flattering.

Hardly suprasing to be fair

Edited by KHV

I think he'll end up at someone like Forest or Sheff Wed and probably do a reasonable job.

He'll never manage a bigger English team than Villa though. 

Yeah agreed. Someone in the championship will take a punt on him seeing as McLeish got the Forest job 6 months after we sacked him.

His record in the lower leagues is still very good let's not forget and he obviously has the knack of signing good players for small fees, not just here but at Norwich which will be attractive to many owners.

Matter of time according to Twitter. Bilic has been linked

His contract is up at the end of the season and they have no plans to extend it. Understandable, in my opinion.

Why?

Â