Paul Lambert

limpid

Agree with the vast majority of what Krulak said in relation to Lambert.

Lambert had the time, he had the money and he made a poor job of it.

Good riddance to him!

While I'd agree in principle, it totally contradicts the narrative that has contionously been layed down by Lerner.

After appallingly finishing with 38 points, Lerner instantly came out apologising for Lambert and effectively justifying the job he did by highlighting the supposed 'constraints' he had to work within. Lerner then left us in no doubt about how he viewed the job the manager was doing with the decision to reward him with the new contract.

I'm sorry but this smacks of a pathetic attempt to try and exploit the [justified] anti-Lambert sentiment to try and improve Lerner's own credibility amongst the fanbase. Which only serves to reaffirm how out of touch the man actually is.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

It sounds as though he wanted his contact mutually terminated last summer. Why on earth that didn't happen is anybody's guess. His heart clearly wasn't in it, when a manager stops backing himself then it's already too late.

The new contract too! Crazy. Another £2m mistake by Lerner.

Was it a £2m mistake?

I'm assuming Lambert's pay off is 12 months pay?

Lambert was contracted until 2016 anyway wasn't he? So even if we'd sacked him at the same time but on his old contract I assume we'd have still had to pay him at least a year's salary to do so (maybe even all of what was remaining, so 15/16 months?)

I imagine the new contract was just a pay rise. And given the remit that Lambert claimed to have, it was probably justified (as mad as that may seem to some).

So I'm guessing (as I don't know either way) it's cost us 5 months of whatever the difference was between Lambert's old wages and his new wages. Which probably doesn't come to an awful lot of money (relatively speaking obviously)

Happy to be corrected.

Agree with the vast majority of what Krulak said in relation to Lambert.

Lambert had the time, he had the money and he made a poor job of it.

Good riddance to him!

While I'd agree in principle, it totally contradicts the narrative that has contionously been layed down by Lerner.

After appallingly finishing with 38 points, Lerner instantly came out apologising for Lambert and effectively justifying the job he did by highlighting the supposed 'constraints' he had to work within. Lerner then left us in no doubt about how he viewed the job the manager was doing with the decision to reward him with the new contract.

I'm sorry but this smacks of a pathetic attempt to try and exploit the [justified] anti-Lambert sentiment to try and improve Lerner's own credibility amongst the fanbase. Which only serves to reaffirm how out of touch the man actually is.

Yep. And badly out of touch.

I applaud the fact that he tried to implement a new passing style, but that second half today proved it should have been dropped straight away because the hoof ball gives us a better chance. If we carried on with the kick and rush we probably wouldn't be in the bottom 3 and Lambert would still have a job.

• Like 1

I applaud the fact that he tried to implement a new passing style, but that second half today proved it should have been dropped straight away because the hoof ball gives us a better chance. If we carried on with the kick and rush we probably wouldn't be in the bottom 3 and Lambert would still have a job.

We didnt just hoof today.

Ironically I'm pretty sure it was Fox who told Lambert to change style. I don't think he'll be telling Sherwood that somehow, certainly not this season. 

Didn't say we did, but when we did we looked a lot better second half, long ball to benteke to knock down for the oncoming support.

Didn't say we did, but when we did we looked a lot better second half, long ball to benteke to knock down for the oncoming support.

When you have a guy like Benteke get him invloved early - that was what we tried to do 2nd half..

Very good video on sky sports soccer Saturday that started by focusing on why he was sacked but spent a good few minutes highlighting the positives from he's reign. After watching it I think this sums up my feelings

resized_obi-wan-the-chosen-one-meme-gene

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

The sad thing about Lambert is that when he came here he had a history of exciting attacking football but by the end of his tenure we were playing such dour defensive football comparable to McLeish. We seemed quite attacking for most of his first season (which was often our undoing) but gradually over time we got more and more defensive. I still don't believe that Lambert is a defensive manager at heart but for whatever reason the life got sucked out of him.

My guess is he was still haunted by the drubbings we received in his first season and that horrific run at the end of last season.

• Like 1

The sad thing about Lambert is that when he came here he had a history of exciting attacking football but by the end of his tenure we were playing such dour defensive football comparable to McLeish. We seemed quite attacking for most of his first season (which was often our undoing) but gradually over time we got more and more defensive. I still don't believe that Lambert is a defensive manager at heart but for whatever reason the life got sucked out of him.

My guess is he was still haunted by the drubbings we received in his first season and that horrific run at the end of last season.

Our attacking play got destroyed after Keanes arrival, after Keanes arrival we never looked like the team we once were.

There's no doubt in my mind that the drubbings and near relegation in his first season changed his approach to how we played in the second season and this one.

ironically and hard to believe but when McLeish started out as a manager his teams were known for vibrant attacking football especially at Hibs 

Â