Paul Lambert

limpid

I do feel sad in a way as many have said nice guy, but it clearly had gotten to the point something had to break as we have looked a relegation team for a while now and it was not getting any better despite the new signings or whatever..I think the writing was on the wall as soon as he lost his assistants the other summer.. he became a rudderless ship with nobody to back him up he could trust...Good luck Paul!

But i am really intrigued as to who comes in now? I mean who's gonna come into this mess?

I was out with my Golf team-mates tonight. Had to listen to nonstop ridicule from ManU & Pool fans throughout the meal.

Message came on my phone whilst driving home, I screamed "YEEEEEEEEEEES" so loud and felt sooooooo F****ing relieved that I nearly crashed my car.

Went from "decent appointment" to "would make a great DoF" to "please leave" pretty quickly.

Lamberts refusal to resign with grace a loooooong time ago is the reason he gets no sympathy from me.

If he was really smart and had his own & the clubs interest at heart, he would have "morphed" himself into a DoF with a "Head Coach" & Assistant working under him. But was obviously too selfish and stubborn to realised where he is best suited in football.

Edited by Grasshopper

Just our luck, we finally get a manager that isn't a complete shambles in the transfer market and he ends up being useless at literally everything else.

No hard feelings from me and I really wanted to believe he could succeed but you just can't be that shockingly poor for that long and not expect this to happen.

• Like 4

Can we all pretend this was all a bad dream...

I always see the McLeish year as a bad dream and still can't believe that appointment even happened...this was a bit longer and seemed a never ending slow motion car crash given the long periods of wretched form we endured over the three seasons.

Be interesting to see where Lambert ends up next, probably at a Forest or Leeds who'll take more interest in his Norwich record.

Hope he does well at his next club as long as it's not at the expense of Aston VIlla. I thought he would have been a good choice for someone like Nottingham Forest. He'd be a good signing for any Championship club and would make a good go of getting them promoted.

He will make a very good scout or director of football for sure as Pangloss mentioned above. He can really pick a player for quite small prices. However, to be a manager his tactic and motivational skills are not up to scratch by a long way.

Im glad to see him gone as otherwise it would have been a one way ticket to the championship, but would also like to wish him the best of his luck in the future.

Behave. He did an excellent job at Norwich. He's a good manager. It hasn't worked out here but he will be employed in the Championship before the end of the season.

I do feel sad in a way as many have said nice guy, but it clearly had gotten to the point something had to break as we have looked a relegation team for a while now and it was not getting any better despite the new signings or whatever..I think the writing was on the wall as soon as he lost his assistants the other summer.. he became a rudderless ship with nobody to back him up he could trust...Good luck Paul!

But i am really intrigued as to who comes in now? I mean who's gonna come into this mess?

agree with this, I feel sorry for him and I bet he is as devestated as any of us it hasn't worked. I also think he'll have a good future in management after all this has blown over. I feel it was a bit of a poisoned chalice with what he was asked to do and in hindsight once it was starting to go downhill there was no coming back.

It was the right decision though no question about that. Last time I'm going to talk about him in relation to villa now.

Odd feeling. I hope he goes on to do big things. Even now I wouldn't say no to him coming in as our DoF.

It's a great shame that he will probably never know we actually liked him! He just wasn't right for us.

Strange feeling on this one. I wanted him gone, I am glad he has gone but I so badly wanted him to do well here, and I genuinely liked him, that I do feel sad about how it has all turned out. I had such high hopes for us under him and think he has left behind a good squad so for that and for always bigging up this club I thank him and genuinely wish him well in the future.

This is how I felt when I heard the news., but you've put it better than I could.

Â