Paul Lambert

limpid

Thanks to Hippo for finally providing a bit of ITK that we can all believe.

Probably no more accurate, but at least it's better than crap about Larry Ellison.

We should probably all hope that it isn't true. Going in to pre-season without no new signings and no manager would not be good. Don't really see why Randy would do it either.

Probably no more accurate, but at least it's better than crap about Larry Ellison.

We should probably all hope that it isn't true. Going in to pre-season without no new signings and no manager would not be good. Don't really see why Randy would do it either.

Not much Randy can do about it if it's Lambert making the decision to walk, unless he wants things to get really awkward and sues Lambert for breach of contract after rejecting his resignation

Were dooooooooomed I tells ya!

TBH I no longer give a f....lip (better Mods? ;)) what time frame Lerner takes to sell the club, if Lambert stays the football is boring and we will be relegated. If he goes and Lerner appoints another useless manager we will be relegated.

At least The Holte pub looks good thanks for that Randy. You enjoy your much deserved retirement from the hard work you put in for 7years (bright future my ar.....m ) while we enjoy looking forward to our last season in the Premiership.

what if Randy isn't sacking him - but he's leaving anyway.

what if Randy isn't sacking him - but he's leaving anyway.

Yeah, sorry, I read it as Lerner getting rid of him at first but now it seems you guys are right. If Lambert does leave I can't really blame him, but it would leave us in some serious crap if there isn't a takeover lined up.

Why would it be a sure sign? For all we know his work has been appreciated elsewhere. Managers are being sacked all over the place in the last few days, and this could mean movement all the way down the chain. He may have had an offer come his way in the last few weeks, and think that a new owner probably wouldn't want him anyway. Therefore it may be better for him if an offer comes his way to jump ship to somewhere he knows the chairman wants him, rather than take a risk that our new owner may or may not want him.

Lambert resigning is bad news, and there's no way to sugarcoat it. How much is he paid? £2m over the life of the contract, or per year? Can't remember. Anyway, not an insignificant chunk of money. He's giving up a third of it if he resigns. He wouldn't do it lightly, it's why managers never resign any more. He knows how f****** we are. Not a good sign IMO. 

Yup if Lambert quits we’re ‘proper’ ****. As he would rather throw away his own money than try and start the season with no new players.

If he is sacked then new owners might be on their way, so Lerner happy to pay him off.

If we're getting new owners then I'm sure Lerner would rather just let them sack him.

• Like 1

I think Ellis sacked O'leary before Lerner came in. He might resign but there could be a any number of reason for it and some of them don't have to reflect negatively on our search for new owners.

Lamberts just lost 20 games, how much more **** can we be with him? I dont buy him resigning is the end of the world for us. Infact i'd be quite happy to see the back of him.

We won’t appoint a new manager until new owners are found, which could be well in to the start of next season and past the transfer deadline.

How is that better than keeping the manager that at least signed the crap players and worked with them for a while?

I don't think Lambert resigning or being sacked would be detrimental to the club. First of all the season is over so no games to prepare for other than pre season which Cowans is more than able to do. Can't see there being any transfers in the offing either until the club is sold so again Cowans and the remaining back room staff should be able to handle anything that comes along and should that interim period be extended to the start of next season then does anyone really feel that we could be any worse off without Lambert taking a quick glance at his result record with us.

• Like 3

The mood music of those newspaper stories is that Lambert is preparing his exit and we will be looking for a new manager very soon as well as a new owner.

Why do I get the feeling this is all becoming a little chaotic?

seems very similar to 2006

I think Ellis sacked O'leary before Lerner came in. He might resign but there could be a any number of reason for it and some of them don't have to reflect negatively on our search for new owners.

If I remember correctly O'Leary was sacked for trying to make out there had been a player coup at the club or something like that, which was quickly denied by the players. Ellis then sacked O'Leary for being a tool, and Gross Misconduct.

• Like 2

Â