Paul Lambert

limpid

Would be happy if Lambert was sacked now and IMO there is no point waiting for a new owner. At least once he is gone he won't be able to damage the club anymore.

What if a new owner doesn't come? We just carry on without a manager?

I would back Sid to get better results out of Lambert's players than Lambert himself.

Really ? - He hasn't had great results with the youth this season, and is rumoured not to be interested in a full on management job. Great player as he was - I think if he was managing the first term next season - it would pretty much be a disaster - Not that we can put everything on him. I just don't he is the man to stop the rot.

...Kozak has been average while Okore seems to have been judged as a good player without anyone really seeing him playing enough. Probably by the same posters who give off stink to other posters who in their opinion criticise new players prematurely...

Question - how many times would you need to see (say)  Paul Mcgrath play, before you noticed "actually he's bloody brilliant". I'm not saying Okore is in the same class, very very few were or are, but sometimes you can just tell, surely?

it's harder withduff signings, as some come good after a time to settle - Bouma, for example.

For me Okore looked classy, Kozak terrible, if I'm honest.

Now I don't ever "give off stink" to people who hold a different view, and most people don't. So what I'm saying is if you take people at face value, and their views the same, there's less need to seemingly put other motives onot people who hold different views.

I'm with you on that Pete, I haven't seen enough of either of them to say how good they will be, but my gut feeling is that Okore will be very good, but Kozak won't.  Okore looks like a good, ball playing centre half who should compliment Vlaar nicely.  Kozak looks like another Zigic to my untutored eye.

Would be happy if Lambert was sacked now and IMO there is no point waiting for a new owner. At least once he is gone he won't be able to damage the club anymore.

What if a new owner doesn't come? We just carry on without a manager?

I would back Sid to get better results out of Lambert's players than Lambert himself.

Really ? - He hasn't had great results with the youth this season, and is rumoured not to be interested in a full on management job. Great player as he was - I think if he was managing the first term next season - it would pretty much be a disaster - Not that we can put everything on him. I just don't he is the man to stop the rot.

Sid has God-like status amongst Villa fans at the moment. He scored the first Villa goal I ever saw in the flesh, against the Blose in 1978. I wouldn't want to see that esteem tainted by people getting on his case because the first team wasn't performing under him. Probably best not to go there.

Has to be said, we are a graveyard for players and managers alike, generally speaking

Who was the last manager to leave Villa and go on to do just as well or better elsewhere?

McLeish, he did just as well at Forest

Does anyone else kind of wish we got Mclaren the summer we got Mcleish? I don't understand why Lerner never even interviewed him. I know fans opposed it but I think he could have done a much better job than the others.

Has to be said, we are a graveyard for players and managers alike, generally speaking

Who was the last manager to leave Villa and go on to do just as well or better elsewhere?

I think that is his point

I think we need a whoosh over your head emoticon on here.

Does anyone else kind of wish we got Mclaren the summer we got Mcleish? I don't understand why Lerner never even interviewed him. I know fans opposed it but I think he could have done a much better job than the others.

I suspect McLaren may have indicated he wouldn't do it without a decent slug of money. End of Lerner's interest.

Mark Hughes was interview If i recall 

Would of been better than AMC

I remember that Hughes wasn't even interviewed, Steve McClaren was going to be interviewed but it was called off I think.

Â