Paul Lambert

limpid

...Kozak has been average while Okore seems to have been judged as a good player without anyone really seeing him playing enough. Probably by the same posters who give off stink to other posters who in their opinion criticise new players prematurely...

Question - how many times would you need to see (say)  Paul Mcgrath play, before you noticed "actually he's bloody brilliant". I'm not saying Okore is in the same class, very very few were or are, but sometimes you can just tell, surely?

it's harder withduff signings, as some come good after a time to settle - Bouma, for example.

For me Okore looked classy, Kozak terrible, if I'm honest.

Now I don't ever "give off stink" to people who hold a different view, and most people don't. So what I'm saying is if you take people at face value, and their views the same, there's less need to seemingly put other motives onot people who hold different views.

I'm with you on that Pete, I haven't seen enough of either of them to say how good they will be, but my gut feeling is that Okore will be very good, but Kozak won't.  Okore looks like a good, ball playing centre half who should compliment Vlaar nicely.  Kozak looks like another Zigic to my untutored eye.

But he did do the business at Lazio by all accounts. If both players have to hit the ground running next season with our current squad I am worried as I think it really takes a season for a player from another league to fully adapt to the PL (remember Stan). Both I think are class signings by Lambert. Funnily enough for all my criticism of Lambert I think his signings have generally been good.

Tactically and formation wise we have been inept on many occasions but that's a different debate .

Has to be said, we are a graveyard for players and managers alike, generally speaking

Who was the last manager to leave Villa and go on to do just as well or better elsewhere?

Ron Saunders.

He went on to relegate Small Heath and the Baggies. Top drawer in my book.

• Like 4

...Kozak has been average while Okore seems to have been judged as a good player without anyone really seeing him playing enough. Probably by the same posters who give off stink to other posters who in their opinion criticise new players prematurely...

Question - how many times would you need to see (say) Paul Mcgrath play, before you noticed "actually he's bloody brilliant". I'm not saying Okore is in the same class, very very few were or are, but sometimes you can just tell, surely?

it's harder withduff signings, as some come good after a time to settle - Bouma, for example.

Now I don't ever "give off stink" to people who hold a different view, and most people don't. So what I'm saying is if you take people at face value, and their views the same, there's less need to seemingly put other motives onot people who hold different views.

I'm with you on that Pete, I haven't seen enough of either of them to say how good they will be, but my gut feeling is that Okore will be very good, but Kozak won't. Okore looks like a good, ball playing centre half who should compliment Vlaar nicely. Kozak looks like another Zigic to my untutored eye.

But he did do the business at Lazio by all accounts. If both players have to hit the ground running next season with our current squad I am worried as I think it really takes a season for a player from another league to fully adapt to the PL (remember Stan). Both I think are class signings by Lambert. Funnily enough for all my criticism of Lambert I think his signings have generally been good.

Tactically and formation wise we have been inept on many occasions but that's a different debate .

Wasn't Kozak mainly a sub in the league and only played in the cups? That doesn't say he was doing the business at Lazio

Kozak scored goals with Lazio, in the cup games, and he has scored goals for us. He is a goal scorer, and it is always good to have one in your squad even if they don't offer a lot else.

• Like 3

Kozak scored goals with Lazio, in the cup games, and he has scored goals for us. He is a goal scorer, and it is always good to have one in your squad even if they don't offer a lot else.

He didn't score many goals in the league for Lazio, so I don't really think you can call him a goalscorer.

Err...no. He had one good Europa League campaign last season which was the first time he had ever scored with any regularity since moving to Italy. That hardly qualifies him for the "goalscorer" tag just yet.

Kozak isn't a goal scorer, certainly not at a high level. He scored 4 goals. 2 of which the majority of us on here would score.

As for Lambert I'm getting more and more worried that we will start the season with him in charge.

Kozak isn't a goal scorer, certainly not at a high level. He scored 4 goals. 2 of which the majority of us on here would score.

As for Lambert I'm getting more and more worried that we will start the season with him in charge.

Worried? You'd need sectioning if he did I think.

• Like 4

Question - how many times would you need to see (say)  Paul Mcgrath play, before you noticed "actually he's bloody brilliant". I'm not saying Okore is in the same class, very very few were or are, but sometimes you can just tell, surely?

I'm with you on that Pete, I haven't seen enough of either of them to say how good they will be, but my gut feeling is that Okore will be very good, but Kozak won't.  Okore looks like a good, ball playing centre half who should compliment Vlaar nicely.  Kozak looks like another Zigic to my untutored eye.

If we are speaking generally then his signings have been poor. Why do you think the team has struggled?

We tend to get rid of those under Lambert.

Darren Bent was doing that (scoring goals) already - now we have two of them on the payroll when we could have purchased a creative midfielder instead.

Another Lambert blunder.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Â