Paul Lambert

limpid

Interesting to hear Tony pulis saying managers should be given 3 years as the third year is the one where progression should be seen.

Don't all managers think all managers should be given a long time?

We should have given McLeish 2 more years if we were taking the advice of Pullis.

• Like 2

Interesting to hear Tony pulis saying managers should be given 3 years as the third year is the one where progression should be seen.

Don't all managers think all managers should be given a long time?

We should have given McLeish 2 more years if we were taking the advice of Pullis.

Interesting to note that Pullis made noticeable progress at Palace in just a few months yet Lambert made no progress at Villa in 2 years (so the 3 year rule is not so hard and fast).

Perhaps if Villa fans could have seen some progress there wouldn't be calls for his head.

• Like 2

There has been no progress under Lambert. I had such high hopes for us after the last 10 games of his first season. I felt we had clicked and were on the way up.

However roll on this season and our quality of football has dropped dramatically. Lambert looks and acts clueless when opposition managers change tactics against us.

But the biggest thing is how he has wasted the limited funds he has had. He has spent 4m or so on 2 LB's and then had to sign a 3rd because they were crap. He signed the likes of Sylla, Tonev and Helenius and has rarely played them. Why sign these players and then not use them when our squad is riddled with injuries.

At the moment it seems that Lambert could get away with the dire showing last season because everyone is preoccupied with selling the club.

Lets hope that any new owner has a modicum of ambition and realises that Lambert is better off managing Celtic.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 2

The sun claim he will tell Randy he would rather "quit than face a third season of cutbacks and fans’ fury."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5628121/Paul-Lamberts-Aston-Villa-future-on-the-line-as-he-meets-Randy-Lerner.html

HH told me in a pm last summer that he thought Lambert would quit if investment didn't change this summer.

The mood music of those newspaper stories is that Lambert is preparing his exit and we will be looking for a new manager very soon as well as a new owner.

Why do I get the feeling this is all becoming a little chaotic?

• Like 1

After finishing the season with 1 win in 9 games and getting outplayed in most of those games Lambert has to go.

Lambert out. Give the job to someone who knows what they're doing.

1 win and 1 draw in 9 games... if we did that over the course of a season we'd have finished with  no more than 20 points

Mendi I'm going to assume your account's been hacked. No way would a sane person think that PL is saying "Oh please Randy, let me have a shot at ruining my managerial reputation a bit more by going into another year with **** all money to spend."

• Like 1

Mat Kendrick calling for Lambert's head now. He better hope the club is sold and Lambert fired, otherwise he's finished as an "Insider"

To be honest it is a pretty shoddy piece of journalism which relies on some idiotic reasoning.

These journalists are such snivelling little cowards and they never attack unless they feel safe to do so, which supports your conclusion that he sees no risk.

He's just whoring his opinion out to try and align himself with the general feelings of fans but he's just your usual journo scum, who isn't fit to lace any football manager's boots.

His bum-hole will be ready-greased to welcome whoever Lambert's replacement will be, not matter what he might have written about them previously.

You don't like journalists, do you?

He will be leave Aston Villa over the next few days. He had originally hoped to stick around and meet the new owners. But any takeover is a million miles away [Autumn at the very earliest].

A sign of how bad things are, don't think Faulkner and Lambert are to be locked in with Lerner for hours of talks, they have this afternoon and then the rest of the time is with Randy's legal people. 

Imagine a worst case scenario for Aston Villa and you will be pretty close to the Mark.

He will be leave Aston Villa over the next few days. He had originally hoped to stick around and meet the new owners. But any takeover is a million miles away [Autumn at the very earliest].

A sign of how bad things are, don't think Faulkner and Lambert are to be locked in with Lerner for hours of talks, they have this afternoon and then the rest of the time is with Randy's legal people. 

Imagine a worst case scenario for Aston Villa and you will be pretty close to the Mark.

A merger with Small Heath and we have to use their gaff as VP is asset stripped?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-paul-lambert-flies-3542510

He going to tell Lerner to pay me up , he been talking him out off selling up 100 per cent true.

so the manager that has spent the best part of 2 years without any meaningful money to spend, who reminded us of that fact at every opportunity, doesn't want the owner to sell up? He'd rather keep going in his job with no money? Is that it?

But if that's the case why would he be looking to be paid up for leaving?

Also, you're making it seem as if him looking for his contract paid up is some kind of revelatory thing that'd cause issues here? He'll be fully entitled to the remainder of his contract if he's terminated early, that's not remotely out of the ordinary. At this stage it looks like you're just typing random words hoping some of it'll stick

Â