Paul Lambert

limpid

Hope he's got a receipt for his new bow-tie as the awards dinner has been cancelled.

As for him flying to the States - I'm sure Randy wants to speak to him personally and thank him for his efforts on a shoestring.

You never know, maybe Randy is setting up a meeting for him with the prospective buyers?

Edited by theboyangel

I hope the new owners find the negative people on this board and others, offer them ferry tickets to Normandy, and then shoot them from machine gun nests as they struggle up the beach with their luggage wheels keep getting stuck in the sand.

Nice ....

I hope the new owners find the negative people on this board and others, offer them ferry tickets to Normandy, and then shoot them from machine gun nests as they struggle up the beach with their luggage wheels keep getting stuck in the sand.

Nice ....

I was only kidding.

:)

Hopefully the new owners have someone inspiring lined up. What are some potential big-ish managers that we could realistically get under a takeover scenario?

Frank De Boer, Bernd Schuster, etc. if they promise enough money for new players.

Passes backwards 16%, passes forwards 40%. Don't think it'll stop the myth that we only play it backwards though.

I don't recall much use of that myth to be honest.   Our propensity to hoof the ball means it's going to go forward very quickly and without much accuracy on the rare occasions we have the ball.

Hopefully the new owners have someone inspiring lined up. What are some potential big-ish managers that we could realistically get under a takeover scenario?

Big Sam ;)

Big Sam ;)

Mixu Paatelainen is quite big sized nowdays too :D

WTF ?

If a manager as poor as Lambert walks then we are in real trouble.

He may not be a great manager, but I think he's slightly better than he's been made to look here.  He'll not stick around to have himself made to look any worse.

I don't think him being slightly better than terrible will be anything for him to boast about.

If Lambert loses his job, how about that Bielsa (sp?) fella. 

He plays uber attacking/pressure football.

It'd be entertaining at least!

He pretty much invented the high pressing style we've seen the last decade and would be a very interesting pick.

But unfortunately Marseille confirm appointment of Marcelo Bielsa from end of the season

Lambert must have known Lerner's intention was too eventually sell the club right? He must have know when he took the job.

In the end of the last summer at latest it should've been very clear, given on how cheap the buys were salary-wise.

The Faulkner\Lambert trip to USA later this week is a curious one.

My best guess would be the constraints they will operate under until a sale is concluded are to be discussed, as I am in the no sale imminent camp 

Â