Paul Lambert

limpid

Surprised Lambert hasn't looked at more fellow Scotmen, although I suppose Charlie Edam has shown they don't always do well in the top level.

Sane reason he looks to the lower leagues and overseas, there aren't many Scotsmen that are good enough for the prem and potential bargains.

Surprised Lambert hasn't looked at more fellow Scotmen, although I suppose Charlie Edam has shown they don't always do well in the top level.

Given time he might mature into a better player...

Never going to be gouda nough.

• Like 2

Edging a thrilling derby, another tick in the box for Lambert. To have steered us to mid table when our confidence was low was no mean achievement, hopefully now the confidence is returning to the likes of Benteke and Weimann we can have a chase after Southampton.

• Like 1

Even though I have been a vocal opponent of giving Weimann chance after chance when out of form, I admire Lambert's trust and faith in these young players. It seems that it finally has paid off regarding Weimann.

Edited by DeepDish

Must admit when they scored the 2nd goal i thought it was over because of our inability to score goals at home

However that baggies manager was insane... when they were 2 - 0 up he played with a defensive line so high that Benteke was getting caught offside on the halfway line....

Great result credit to the manager and the players for such a ballsy battling performance precisely what i want to see

Just hope we didn't completely empty the tank and we will be fresh for Saturday

We didn't even need Gabby!

Edited by AshVilla

Didn't understand the shape and thought a better team would have destroyed us. However, can't fault the fight in the team. Thought Weimann was great but didn't understand the substitution, him for hapless Baker. Nevertheless, great result in a great game.

Â