Paul Lambert

limpid

Looking at Transfermarkt, Villa had €8 million worth of sales last summer, and €19.9 in buys including Steer. However, subtracting okore and kozak because both will play very small parts in the season, Lambert only brought in 5 players for €8.2 million. So there was an effective net spend (in terms of players actually available) of 0 last summer. I still think he prioritized the wrong areas, but I actually don't think the work last summer was so disastrous, it was more unlucky.

• Like 2

We should just let VillaCas answer that one EA. I'm sure there will be another obscure or inaccurate graph on the way, that is if he now reappears? 

To be fair, his graph (assuming it's the average points one) wasn't obscure or inaccurate. It made a very valid point and to simply dismiss it is being far more blinkered than he was.

Ha, ha. 'Far more blinkered than he was?'

The last graph he produced he admited himself that it wasn't accurate. Generally his graphs have been produced on the basis of present improvement using points and position.

His debate on points has now been proven by another poster to be wrong.

Not true, admited no such thing - clear progress on last season as shown below

AvPos_zps46f1ca74.png

Lets be honest though you pick what ever time period fits your argument.

All of last season v all of this season so far?

Interested to know which time period you think would be more appropriate???

Well we average pretty much the same points this season as we did all of last season.

Well we average pretty much the same points this season as we did all of last season.

So you're dropping the time period argument for a different argument? 

We're 10th! this time last season we were 19th - do you not think that being 10th is better than being 19th?

Different season, different dynamic

So you're dropping the time period argument for a different argument?

We're 10th! this time last season we were 19th - do you not think that being 10th is better than being 19th?

Different season, different dynamic

League position is much better. Like I've said previously though you might as well just look at a league table and not go to games.

We're still watching a team average slightly over a point a game.

You can make stats prove any argument so why not wait till the end of the season and judge year on year? Otherwise it's just tot for tat. I think we can kick on from here with the games we have remaining and I hope Lambert addresses our home form and style which is something that will make or break his tenure. Tomorrow is a massive game not for staying up but for confidence in playing at VP.

League position is much better. Like I've said previously though you might as well just look at a league table and not go to games.

We're still watching a team average slightly over a point a game.

Ultimately, the league table is all that matters but I take your point that we have not been entertaining for much of this season - I think in part this is due to a different set-up to be more solid and in part I think it is to do with poor form and injuries to key players - I believe we will get better (if the investment is there)

That said, we are 10th for wins, 5th for draws, 11th for losses, 11th for goals scored, 10th for goals conceded and 13th for goal difference - we are the epitamy of a mid-table side. Unless we have some serious investment in the summer averaging just over a point a game will be the norm

We should just let VillaCas answer that one EA. I'm sure there will be another obscure or inaccurate graph on the way, that is if he now reappears?

To be fair, his graph (assuming it's the average points one) wasn't obscure or inaccurate. It made a very valid point and to simply dismiss it is being far more blinkered than he was.

Ha, ha. 'Far more blinkered than he was?'

The last graph he produced he admited himself that it wasn't accurate. Generally his graphs have been produced on the basis of present improvement using points and position.

His debate on points has now been proven by another poster to be wrong.

Not true, admited no such thing - clear progress on last season as shown below

AvPos_zps46f1ca74.png

Not sure at all that was the one that I was referring to but I see after a few days sabbatical you still haven't answered any of the questions posed in my last post concerning our debate. No comment either on the poster's stat on points total which you have continually based your debate on.

I therefore wait with baited breath on your next excuse for Lambert's record with us, an overall record I may add which you still refuse to acknowledge.

Edited by Morpheus

The only thing that will kick our season up a gear is a scoring Benteke but remember realistically the highest we can finish this season is 9th

Man City

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Man United

Tottenham

Everton

Newcastle

If we managed to somehow be topped only by the 8 clubs above, I would seriously be over the moon and believe that Lambert would have achieved something outstanding with the money he has spent on making an almost entirely new squad over just 2 seasons. Even if we finish 10th, I think that would be a really good achievement and great progress considering everything.

That said, it is still quite far off just yet so for now I'll continue to keep all of my judgments until the end of the season.

• Like 1

Â